Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 virus - airport and flying restrictions, and licensing / medical issues

Peter wrote:

certificate that they have received two doses of vaccine used in the EU Member States not older than 210 days, provided that 14 days have passed since they received the second dose

Yes but the devil is in the details previously you could come without paid accommodation, now you can’t. I know that majority of people won’t travel anywhere without accommodation sorted out but government wants to be sure that only tourists who legally paid come. Besides preventing tax avoiding payments they prevent illegal camping and similar stuff.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Just heard that the UK is not recognising the “EU vaccine pass” as equivalent to its own, for the double vaccination privileges.

So e.g. a UK person can go to Germany and come back, but a person living in Germany and vacced over there cannot come to the UK without a quarantine.

No idea why this is.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

So e.g. a UK person can go to Germany and come back, but a person living in Germany and vacced over there cannot come to the UK without a quarantine.

No idea why this is.

’’Questioned as to the logic behind the decision not to recognise the EU COVID certificate considering that health authorities from both sides have recognised the same vaccines, a spokesperson for the UK government’s department of health and social care refrained from offering a direct comment.

“Ensuring safe and open travel with our global partners is a clear priority […] We are engaging with international partners on certification to ensure travel for vaccinated people is unhindered in the future,” the department’s spokesperson said.’’

;-) no comment…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

How about a person living in Germany with NHS vaccine certificate (asking for a friend )? are you saying no quarantine ;)

PS: he is travelling to the UK very soon, a quick answer will be appreciated

Last Edited by Ibra at 26 Jul 07:57
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

That should be OK. Justine has just been looking at doing a trip to see family in Germany.

refrained from offering a direct comment.

I posted a Q here.

This is good news:

However, I think, practically speaking, green and amber are the same thing here in the UK if you are 2x vacced.

EDIT: From 1st August the UK will be accepting the EU vacc certificate in some caseshere.

This is a bit disingenuous since Germany already recognises the UK vacc cert, as do many others (e.g. Croatia and Greece):

Administrator
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

My wife sent me this screenshot just about she was ordering her 2day/8day test and filing the forms for trip to UK, all seems good except for France? or will have to wait for October as effective date ?

Last Edited by Ibra at 28 Jul 12:45
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

all seems good except for France? or will have to wait for October as effective date

In today’s papers this is mentioned but no date is set for France.

However things are moving fast here now, with the numbers falling rapidly. It is quickly becoming politically impossible to retain these controls which have been exposed as nothing more than playing for time while the vacc programme moves along.

EDIT: the UK is talking about opening its borders within a week or so, for 2x vacced people. It reckons it is losing £600M/day due to the restrictions. One challenge is the US which has no meaningful proof of vac that could not be photoshopped in minutes.

Administrator

Trying to figure out the formerly simple task of flying a 2 leg airline flight is a major headache now, reading through pages and pages of unreadable regulation and still ending up being not sure.

So to fly from ZRH via FRA to SOF, you need to conform to:
- Entry requirements for Germany even though you are only transit because you enter the Schengen part of Frankfurt and therefore could disappear without notice. Reading through the regulation is a nightmare. At the end it turns out a vaccination certificate is sufficient… no entry document required.
- Entry requirements for Bulgaria. The latter are relatively easy dechypered and come down to a vaccination certificate .

The return flight is a different piece of cake again:
- Entry requirements for Germany as you enter the Schengen zone from Bulgaria which is non-schengen. Looks like, at the time of writing, only covid vaccine document needed, nothing for my daughter which is below the age of 6.
- Entry requirements for Switzerland, coming from a Schengen country as well as from a Non Schengen Country…. requires a pre-announcement for Switzerland to be filled in online 24 hours before departure plus vaccination (for me).

And the real b.s. is that all this is basically written in pencil and changes on a daily basis almost. I looked at the Bulgarian entry requirements on Wednsday only to find that they had changed (thank god and 5 pages translation later not for me) yesterday. Today Germany changed their requirements (or announced a change valid from August 1st) that everyone needs a test to enter Germany. Everyone, really, everyone without exception? That was the headlines. Alas, no. Test OR Vaccination. So why not say so?

On my last shift I had to be really early there. As early as I have to be for my departure on Saturday (which departs 7am). Zurich Airport sais, you have to be at the airport 3 hours before departure in order to have your departure guaranteed due to long check in times due to Corona document checks. That makes 4am. Only the counters only open at 5. So theoretically, the earliest guaranteed departure is 8am. As I have worked at that airport for 35 years, I called some people in terminal management or otherwise. I learnt, offload factor due to documentation issues, check in delays and other problems is almost 20% on peak days (that is the average I got… some said significantly more). Docs get checked by check in staff and again at the gate by specialized staff. Washout rate with baggage search and other consequences there are up to 10 pax per flight.

WTF is all I can say.

One source I talked to a few days ago sais what we need is a travel authorisation issued a few days before which STANDS no matter what. You hand in your docs on line, they get checked and you get a yes or no. If no, you get sent straight to the refund page for your ticket. Only, that doesn’t work either, as tests are not valid that long. Example: One flight with over 300 pax last week had such a mayhem for boarding that it missed then night ban and had to be rescheduled to the next day. By then, lots of tests had expired and people got refused bording who before had passed bording (that destination requires vaccination plus PCR test).

WTF again. Travel is really a curse these days, caused much more than the actual disease by the inability to get the rules such that a normal person can a) understand it b) has a certain amount of security that they don’t change at a moments notice. Why make it sooo difficult? Why doesn’t the EU step in and make a clear ruling saying “Whoever is vaccined has no travel restriction, period.” That would by now get 50% of the people in the clear. Or to impose a unified number for kids: Europe wide kids under xx years are exempt. Period. Not Germany 6, Bulgaria 12, the rest anywhere between. And get a CLEAR rule on transfer: ONLY the final destination counts. Which means throw Schengen out of the window at hub airports: Who enters shows a passport and their Covid docs, who doesn’t carries on.

Oh yea, and have UNIFIED country listings from Green, over Yellow and Red for the whole EU.

It is another example how the EU does NOT work when it has a chance to actually HELP issues by sorting it’s member states out.

End of rant.

Last Edited by Mooney_Driver at 30 Jul 10:22
LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

You are quite right.

But making it bloody complicated serves two objectives

• creates work for millions of useless people
  • stops most people travelling, without travel being formally banned

You need a submarine. I believe Greece has some spare ones, but Germany may have never been paid for them so best to not drive one there

Administrator
Sign in to add your message