Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin G1000 non WAAS Upgrade alternatives...

That was my understanding as well the TSO129, aka non-W GPS, is not designed to provide angular H & V guidances, it only provides lateral H guidance

I highly doubt you can get +V on them? following +V on 3deg glidepath would require angular guidance…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

AndersB wrote:

If you want to fly any kind of IFR practically, especially in Sweden, you HAVE to have “WAAS”. I would only look at it, with not only a vision, but a fully ready plan to upgrade avionics directly after the purchase. Could be quite an interesting, high-risk exercise in many ways, but of course there might be a solution.

Being a Swedish IFR pilot I don’t agree that you HAVE to have SBAS. The only thing you miss out on is LPV and while that is certainly good to have, I haven’t seen a lot of decomissioned ILSes in Sweden like they do in France.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

Airborne_Again
02-Nov-22 19:29

AndersB wrote:

If you want to fly any kind of IFR practically, especially in Sweden, you HAVE to have “WAAS”. I would only look at it, with not only a vision, but a fully ready plan to upgrade avionics directly after the purchase. Could be quite an interesting, high-risk exercise in many ways, but of course there might be a solution.

Being a Swedish IFR pilot I don’t agree that you HAVE to have SBAS. The only thing you miss out on is LPV and while that is certainly good to have, I haven’t seen a lot of decomissioned ILSes in Sweden like they do in France.

Myself would be fine without WAAS on the G1000, and I can fly ILS/LOC or RNP LNav.
The actual aircraft I’m looking at it’s priced quite high, and if it had WAAS I would bought it on the spot.
But lets jump 5-6 years ahead and how easy would it be then to sell a non WAAS GPS equipped plane?
Guess you had to come down in price to sell it, especially since this one is a Cross Country aircraft.

If the seller agrees to lower the price, as I don’t see happening I might change my mind.

There are others, but this one is a SE- register and ready to fly.

ESMS, ESML, Sweden

“If the seller agrees to lower the price, as I don’t see happening I might change my mind.”
Wait.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
44 Posts
Sign in to add your message