Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek Airports (being sold to FRAPORT in Germany) and many new problems

I assume they do since its really busy with private jets traffic but there is no feedback from there since they are not in to the GA scene.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Kythira LGKC

The problem is that people are bullsh1tting everybody and everybody believes the BS without question

Greece has blocked google maps publishing decent pics of their airports so here is one of mine You could park about 20 GA planes there while leaving enough for the regional twin TP passenger flight from Athens

And same for all the others.

It’s Stockholm Syndrome, pure and simple. And Greece is not the only place in Europe doing that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

petakas wrote:

I assume they do since its really busy with private jets traffic but there is no feedback from there since they are not in to the GA scene.

@petakas, the question is do they actually pay, or do they get special discount “if you buy 2K EUR worth of fuel, the use of terminal is free” or the total landing+handling fee is capped at something like 1K, hence my question.

EGTR

Honestly No Idea since I am a humble GA Flyer with no connections in the BUSAV scene.

LGMG Megara, Greece

To summarize your response @petakas, you’re saying that GA in Greece is already dead, so it can’t become deader from additional measures that address the lack of “safety and interoperability” identified by the EU.

Last Edited by Rwy20 at 17 Jul 10:02

GA in Greece is for the few who can sustain the hassle.
The majority of visitors from “abroad” don’t like what they have to face and I judge that some 70% give up on the planning stage and travel elsewhere further north.
The minority do sustain the hassle and go through the process because once you look away from the paperwork, the hassle, the PPR’s etc.you do indeed have a perfect experience outside the airport fence.
I in my case try to focus on the experience outside the airport fence and consider the airports’ stuff an unavoidable hassle that lasts for a fraction of the hour.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Sure, but if you can’t get parking, you can’t get parking. Then it’s not a matter of hassle, but a matter of not being able at all to expose yourself to the hassle.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

IMO the biggest non-compliance is enforcing ports of entry and avoiding to implement Schengen regime.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

IMO the biggest non-compliance is enforcing ports of entry and avoiding to implement Schengen regime.

Indeed.
Unfortunately they illegally insist on any flight entering exiting to pass via a Port of Entry which is indeed against Schengen.
Their excuse is a ridiculous outdated National Customs legislation.

That is why the “cheapest” option is to enter/exit via Ioannina LGIO CAA airport who are GA friendly and have low costs in Handling.
At least you can refuel there and continue onwards for the next leg.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Not sure if this has been previously posted:

Fraport’s concession agreement with the state includes a clause whereby, no other airport may operate within 100Km

Greece paid a high price for getting the €€€ loans from N Europe!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message