Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek Airports (being sold to FRAPORT in Germany) and many new problems

Discussion of EU directives etc is here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

From here

What a fantastic trip!

I do have an idea of some of the airport costs (LGRP ~400) but I wonder what they were elsewhere.

The cloudy stuff is probably Ouzo – a super form of alcohol which achieves the “desired result” without significant after effects

Also interesting would be which overflight agents you used.

Administrator

LGRP is 171€ for two nites all in, not 400 as Peter keeps telling. However even 400 would be a bargain at most places we landed after Rhodes.

Avgas at OJAQ was about 4.50€ per liter and that is around what we paid at most other places. Once we even had to pay 7€ but twice it was just 1.50€ per liter. Except for Singapore, fuel is in drums and you always have to buy multiples of 200 liters. We fly LOP at 8.5GPH what slows us down to about 150KTAS. However, this way we got away with one drum per stop and didn’t have to waste anything.

We use White Rose for the permits and are very happy so far.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

not 400 as Peter keeps telling

Ask @ChrisParker

But one never knows – prices down there can vary and AOPA GR have scored the occassional success. Pity @petakas isn’t here more often with good news like this

Administrator

It was 140€ two years ago, with only one night parking, though.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Chris paid 400+ in 2018, for just fuel and 1 passenger dropoff. So this is good news.

It would be super to have some database reports when your amazing adventure is concluded, Terbang

Administrator

Peter wrote:

prices down there can vary and AOPA GR have scored the occasional success

https://www.aopa.gr/el/enimerosi/energeies-tis-aora-ellas/1075-aopa-hellas-fraport-2

You’ll need to translate it from Greek.
Basically Fraport in Greece had one more meeting with AOPA Hellas whereby they accepted 2 tons MTOW as the “upper limit” for LOWER charges for what they will consider Recreational GA flights, i.e. anything above 2 tons will have the already published price list.
The change (for 2 tons and below) is still not published in their site because they pass any such decision via BoD meeting approval which should happen in the near future.

Last Edited by petakas at 15 Nov 09:48
LGMG Megara, Greece

petakas wrote:

one more meeting with AOPA Hellas whereby they accepted 2 tons MTOW as the “upper limit” for LOWER charges for what they will consider Recreational GA flights

Great! THank you for your efforts!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

petakas wrote:

The change (for 2 tons and below) is still not published in their site because they pass any such decision via BoD meeting approval which should happen in the near future.

Hi @petakas. Any news on that? Will the 1.2-2 ton prices be the same as the sub 1.2 ton prices in 2024?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I shall have some info on that soon and will revert back.

LGMG Megara, Greece
Sign in to add your message