Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek Airports (being sold to FRAPORT in Germany) and many new problems

Bad experience this summer. I requested PPR 14 days in advance in kerkira. Fraport says in their document first arrived first served but they gave me another “slot” (I’m flying VFR) 10 minutes before night (NVFR is not permited in Greece) a kind of joke. Spending a lot to arrive at night and leave early in the morning, no interest

We stayed in Corte LINB. Friendly poeple Avgas.

Fraport they are really not fair. I fully understand : a small 1MTOW is not an interesting chicken.

On way back a very nice discovery : L’Aquila LIAP… 10€ avgas, double rooms on airfield 60€ and good food… For the price of Kerkira you have a full evening and night !!!

Peter I’ll report on database !

PPG

PPG
LFNV

I’m looking at flying to Santorini in October, which may be an interesting exercise.

The Airport came back very quickly and kindly, asking me to organize everything through a handing agent or representative company, despite the trip being after the NOTAM stating the same will expire (30 Sep). Not sure if it is going to be replaced by a new NOTAM saying the same?

They listed 5 different firms, which I am now reaching out to.

EGTR

I have emailed LGKR in the hope of a simpler procedure. The price, say 200, is ok, because Justine can fly home from there, which she can’t do from say LGIO (not without hassles; may as well then fly back from LGKC).

LGSR is very nice. You will enjoy it. We did very much but that was in my VFR-only days. Expensive; lots of shops selling IWC etc to the old ladies who get deposited from the cruise ships each day, spending their dead husband’s money But worth every penny.

The Fraport EU Greek loan recovery scheme operating lease jacked up the price about 10x, but look on the bright side: there may be toilet paper in the loos at the airport (LGSR was voted as Europe’s worst airport for years). There wasn’t at LGSM when I was last there.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

mmgreve wrote:

I’m looking at flying to Santorini in October, which may be an interesting exercise.

The Airport came back very quickly and kindly, asking me to organize everything through a handing agent or representative company, despite the trip being after the NOTAM stating the same will expire (30 Sep). Not sure if it is going to be replaced by a new NOTAM saying the same?

They listed 5 different firms, which I am now reaching out to.

If you have AOPA Card arrange handling via SKYSERV or GOLDAIR only who provide considerable discounts.
All other Handlers are in the range of 300€ +

More info on this in www.aopa.gr/Info paragraph 12b.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Thanks @Petakas

I am a member of AOPA but have never had a “Card”. Can I get it on an app :-)
Will look into it – appreciate the guidance

On a funny note, one of the companies came back to ask if it would be OK to reposition the aircraft and crew to a neighbouring island ! Much as a break from the family can be tempting at times, I am not sure that is going to work :-)

EGTR

mmgreve wrote:

I am a member of AOPA but have never had a “Card”. Can I get it on an app :-)

These days AOPA Sweden doesn’t offer a real card anymore – only a “virtual card” on an app. @petakas, do you know if that would be accepted as proof of AOPA membership?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

do you know if that would be accepted as proof of AOPA membership?

They should. Many things have moved to Digital nowadays and the Handlers should accept it. Someone who shows and ID bears the responsibility that this is not a fake one be it plastic or digital. Handlers in Greece accept ID’s of other AOPA’s too as long as they can see somewhere the expiration date.

AOPA Hellas (Greece) issues the card in PDF for download (so it can be shown at short time) once the membership is initiated and then they send the plastic card by registered mail which takes some 5~10 days to arrive.

LGMG Megara, Greece

LGIO and LGKC were fine with my US AOPA card.

Administrator

Do you have any notice about a rumors I have heard this summer in Greek airport about the finish of the port of entry obligation next year? Will be very interesting to have more flexibility with the hourly limited operation of the airports.

LILB, Italy

That would be great, because the Greek “port of entry” system is silly. The system should use the internationally recognised Immigration and Customs statuses, per AIP.

However I suspect if this is implemented, Greece will just make every Port of Entry airport have I+C, and the rest nothing And LGKC will be inaccesible from abroad.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message