Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

After 450 hours, last flight in it for me...

Peter wrote:

What is the zero-fuel range?

About 2200nm.

EGTK Oxford

That is quite some range, I suppose that means most of the time eastbound NATL from New Foundland to Ireland should be possible… and pretty much anything in Europe from tops to bottom.

Lovely! Congratulations. When will you start flying her?

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

On the avionics, won’t it feel a bit “back to the future” ?
You will switch from G1000 to Rockwell Proline, yes ?

LFOU, France

Mooney_Driver wrote:

That is quite some range, I suppose that means most of the time eastbound NATL from New Foundland to Ireland should be possible… and pretty much anything in Europe from tops to bottom.

Still need Canada to Iceland particularly if you consider de-press. But no more Greenland.

Jujupilote wrote:

On the avionics, won’t it feel a bit “back to the future” ?
You will switch from G1000 to Rockwell Proline, yes ?

It isn’t as pretty but is a very powerful system. Took a bit of getting used to. But I quite like it now.

EGTK Oxford

Wow! Congrats Jason.
Looking forward to learning of your experiences with it.

EGTT, The London FIR

Congratulations! Safe flights!

LPFR, Poland

CJ3. Have sympathy for my future navdata bill.

Great choice! Love the CJ series and especially the CJ3 (as it’s the one I currently fly). Fantastic capability and performance and perhaps the best of the range all things considered. I much prefer the Pro Line 21 to G1000 avionics and in the CJ they’ve integrated the system very well. Ours has dual FMS which I can’t imagine being without anymore (after flying around with just one operational for a month).

In terms of range it really depends on many factors. I’ve done Stockholm – Malaga direct at 4:30 hrs with 1000lbs left in the tanks for example. Direct climb to FL430 is possible under most conditions. The CJ3 is hard to beat unless you need a much larger aircraft for some reason.

Good luck with it, and enjoy!

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

Any updates, JasonC?

Flying that thing yet or are you caught in what is widely known as a Frisch-vortex (endless upgrades and maintenance)?

AdamFrisch wrote:

are you caught in what is widely known as a Frisch-vortex (endless upgrades and maintenance)?

Thankfully, this state is very rare and easily avoided.

Last Edited by Michael at 28 Mar 06:17
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

No updates really Adam. Flying the plane. You should try that sometime!

All good.

Last Edited by JasonC at 28 Mar 06:30
EGTK Oxford
Sign in to add your message