Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sharing a Jeppesen (IFR) e-chart subscription

I need three of the licences. One for home, one for iPad, one for MFD. Wish I didn't, but I do.

EGTK Oxford

I need three of the licences. One for home, one for iPad, one for MFD.

Three access keys of one licence.....? One spare key still left for a second iPad if the screen "up-font" goes black .....hopefully never!

YSCB

Yes, I meant three keys on one licence. I have an iPad and an MFD. If both the screens go blank I will fly an approach on the GTN 650. And if it goes blank, on the other one.

No shortage of redundancy.

EGTK Oxford

Jeppesen considers the MFD as an extra.

The price for JV with MFD is only slightly up (about 200€ extra) meaning you have 4 instances and the MFD.

@Jason .. you still have 2 keys remaining you can rent out.

Commander said:

@Jason .. you still have 2 keys remaining you can rent out.

Apologies. I don't have my very own MFD :) Just a poor renter at the moment, I am afraid.

There is always at least one advantage in any handicap - I am fast becoming an expert in creative interpretation of MELs....

YSCB

Ha, yes I wonder if the licence terms allow me to eBay them!

EGTK Oxford

Ha, yes I wonder if the licence terms allow me to eBay them!

mmm... maybe not.. but you may want to check that carefully

Teo
LSZE, LSZR, LSZH, Switzerland

Good afternoon, after I have posted a new thread "..share IFR Jeppview..." Peter has pointed me out to this thread. Although the last comment was in march, maybe anyone still has a licence to share ? regards detlev

EDHE
Teo
LSZE, LSZR, LSZH, Switzerland

Hi, Interesting idea, it is correct that Jeppview and indeed Flitestar come with 4 licenses. I guess this was intended for you to have the software installed on multiple PC's like hope cmputer, laptop etc.

However, this does not help with the databases used in the aircraft!

The databases bought through the GARMIN website is imprinted with the device serial number and can therefore only be used on that device!

If the databases are bought through the Jeppesen site, then you can only download the database the number of times you have devices, i.e. for a dual GTN650/750 installation twice. However, there is no serial number imprinted and the databases should in principles be able to be copied from sd-card to sd-card. This certainly works with the chart option because I have tried it!

Has anyone tried this with the Navdatabase, Obsctackles, Safetaxi etc databases from Jeppesen?

Sign in to add your message