Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sharing a Jeppesen (IFR) e-chart subscription

Correct; there is no way to spread the cost of databases used in a panel mounted device.

Well, if the plane is in say a 5-person syndicate then you will spread the cost 5 ways.

This is why so many people are forgetting their panel mount capability (i.e. even those who have MFDs which can run "Jeppview" are not updating the database) and instead run various "solutions" on portable devices.

With a tablet or a laptop you can share Jeppview 4 ways, and if you can get the charts you need for a trip in PDF form (most people I know get PDFs from a friendly airline pilot) you have many more options.

If you have say two GNS or GTN boxes, you pay slightly more than the single box subscription. We discussed this here a while ago. It is really hard to find out the pricing; one has to go to the Garmin website and load various things into the shopping trolley.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

very fun to read, especially when one realizes that he will pay around € 15,000 per year for worldwide coverage, very much like the price my family is ready to pay for my hobby ... the only solution is to use the money for petrol and obtain navigation data up to date, even 'illegally'.

The most anybody in Europe would be sharing is the ~ €2000/year VFR+IFR subscription.

I would suggest that anybody flying routinely and genuinely worldwide is probably doing it in a machine where the €15k is not the biggest problem

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I'm about to spring for Central Europe MFD & 4 iPad/PC logins. I've got two spare logins, so PM/email me if anybody's interested.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

chrisparker 18-Oct-13 21:05 I've got two spare logins, so PM/email me if anybody's interested.

Maybe You still have a licence to share ? Best regards !

I’ve finally (30 April) signed up for the Central Europe MFD Pilotpak. This includes four iPad/PC logins, which allow downloading and viewing of electronic charts.

I’ve got two spare logins, so PM/email me if you’re interested.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

For everybody landing on these pages: I’ve available 2 keys for EU/IFR Jepp coverage. Please, PM me if interested.

Teo
LSZE, LSZR, LSZH, Switzerland

Hello all

Quick question :
I saw everywhere this 4 keys with big initial price.

But when looking for jeppesen page, I see this
http://jeppdirect.jeppesen.com/main/store/product_details.jsp?id=prod820016_ca
europe annual subscription for 546 €, with “single install” (so, only one license key ?)

Is it new, or am I missing something ?

Other question : With only one license key, may I use it on my primary Ipad, but also as a backup on my iphone or an older ipad ?

LFBZ, France

Been out for a couple of years. You get one install. It is what I do.

EGTK Oxford

The sharing makes sense if you know somebody that has 4 keys (through the MFD subscription) and uses only few of them. The price will be ~15% less than buying single keys individually.
Also, if you want to switch between multiple devices you’ll have temporarily uninstall the key from the currently-in-use device and install it on the backup. And vice-versa of course.

Teo
LSZE, LSZR, LSZH, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message