Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Sharing Jeppesen IFR Europe Subscription

Hello

I am looking for people to share a Jeppesen Europe IFR Electronic Charts subscription. The price is 1715 EUR or 428 EUR / 530 CHF per license per year. If you are interested, let me know through a private message.

Thanks.

PS: I know about all the controversial information if sharing is allowed or not based on the conditions. Jeppesen tolerate sharing for GA private pilots.

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Hi
I would do it, of course… the problem is that I have a subscription for my Avidyne MFD and I have no idea how this could be done technically. If I bought the complete set for Europe and downloaded the charts to my MFD it could not be done again, But it COULD be used on another iPad …

I don’t think there is any way to share the panel mounted platform subs. All you can do is share the PC or Ipad subs, with a four-way share obviously possible. There should also be a way to share a sub comprising of the Ipad (3 or 4?) and 1 panel mount and get others to pay for the Ipad ones.

One can see why so many people are going for portable devices…

One sees a lot of pics of “eye candy” glass cockpits displaying Jepp plates but I bet you most of them are going to expire at the next sub renewal Europe is €2000/year…

One can also see why Jepp have not provided any useful means of printing (PDFs or anything else) on the Ipad versions – PDFs are trivial to share (Ipad+Goodreader, etc) as many ways as you like. You could still do 4-ways legally, it appears, and the same applies with Jeppview 4 (Windows) which does provide good printing facilities.

Last Edited by Peter at 31 Jan 10:14
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Well,
but I could share my subscription with somebody who will only use it mobile. I only need it on my MFD and my two iPads, so I would have one device left (it’s 4 if I remember correctly …)

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 31 Jan 10:37

…so I would have one device left (it’s 4 if I remember correctly …)

You do remember correctly.

EDDS - Stuttgart

FWIW – it’s possible to print the Jepp plates to PDF, however you need to install a 3rd party app off the App Store (PDF Print Driver). It fools Jepp into thinking it’s printing to a printer.

EGKB

One sees a lot of pics of “eye candy” glass cockpits displaying Jepp plates but I bet you most of them are going to expire at the next sub renewal Europe is €2000/year…

Why would they expire at the next sub renewal rather than the last one? I don’t get the reason for the cynical comment. Plenty of people like having them on the MFD. Including me.

EGTK Oxford

Why would they expire at the next sub renewal rather than the last one? I don’t get the reason for the cynical comment. Plenty of people like having them on the MFD. Including me.

Me too. We’re renewing our subs in April.

EGKB

I used to like having them on my MFD as well. But I liked €2000 more…..

EGSC

it’s possible to print the Jepp plates to PDF, however you need to install a 3rd party app off the App Store (PDF Print Driver). It fools Jepp into thinking it’s printing to a printer.

Yes – both JeppTC and JeppFD can print, to any printer which you are able to get working with the Ipad, but they allow you to print just one page at a time.

So if printing off say Zurich you have to print off all ~85 pages, so you end up with 85 PDFs (assuming you are printing to a PDF, which I believe is possible only with an airprint emulator, not with anything you can install on the Ipad itself – some discussion here) and then you need a means of either printing them off as a batch print (if you want hard copy) or you need the full Acrobat or similar program and combine them all into one PDF.

So you don’t really get much more (just better resolution I guess) than if you simply screen dumped each plate into a load of images in Camera Roll and combined them into one PDF using the same Acrobat process as above.

I asked Jepp why they did this, at the JeppFD-VFR seminar I went to, and they said their policy is to not support printing.

The only straightforward way to get – for a whole airport in one go – either hard copy or a single PDF, is to get Jeppview 4 (Windows). It costs the same as the Ipad product(s) for a given geographical coverage area, but you can’t run it on an Ipad. And the only way to get a GPS moving map with it is to run FliteDeck on a Windows tablet.

We’re renewing our subs in April.

Indeed – syndicating the whole aircraft among several people (“we’re”) is the only way to share the cost of a Jepp sub for any panel mount device.

Last Edited by Peter at 04 Feb 14:28
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message