Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nice and friendly GA Airports in the area of Montpellier LFMT / Perpignan LFMP / Beziers LFMU

Do you have AIR BP? That’s the only data point I can offer, IIRC.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I can’t speak for LFMT – never been there because of the 3-day PPR that Peter ran into. But it’s quite normal in France to need a fuel card – Total or BP – to use the fuel pumps. Beziers LFMU and Valence LFLU are like this. Maybe you can work something out with someone otherwise, I haven’t needed to try. It wouldn’t surprise if the only other choice is cash.

LFMD, France

I paid debit card on two separate occasions in August. I don’t understand why its currently not an option, it just seems rather stupid.

AirBP isn’t accepted in MPL.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I must have paid for avgas with Mastercard.

MPL – is that the “big airline” name for LFMT? Or the “multi pilot license”

Don’t ever try to get your passport stamped there either. If they are present, ok, but if not, you will spend hours looking for them.

The other thing about LFMT is that their GA terminal is empty apparently permanently, so they email you the invoice, and you have to pay it with an international bank transfer. I’ve just got their invoice – a right PITA since I will spend as much in bank charges as the invoice itself (€20). It will be easier for me to airmail them a €20 note in an envelope.

Administrator

They do only accept certain cards. They have had problems getting the money out of some bank cards. They do have a list in the SIA VAC charts but I think it might also depend on who is operating the fuel truck.
If they haven’t been paid on some cards the refueller will probably have got it in the neck for not running appropriate checks and he might not want to risk something he doesn’t know.
This is not official because I couldn’t get hold of the fuel people and so spoke to someone at the club at the other Montpellier (Candillargues).
Not sure of the validity of the information.Sorry can’t be any help more.
Don’t expect fuellers to speak English its not a well paid job.and doesn’t need a great deal of language training.

Last Edited by gallois at 23 Sep 16:00
France

This is not official because I couldn’t get hold of the fuel people and so spoke to someone at the club at the other Montpellier

If a card authorises, which they do online, right there, the retailer has the money. So I would say this is fiction.
A chargeback is possible if the card was stolen.

Administrator

Just looked. According to the VAC, they ONLY accept American. Weird. Usually, it‘s the other way ‘round…

I always carry all brands, but then I also have TOTAL card and use self service.

P.S. „CB“ is carte bancaire, which is a debit card, but IME, French machines often only accept French debit cards…

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Sep 16:22
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I’ve just got their invoice – a right PITA since I will spend as much in bank charges as the invoice itself (€20). It will be easier for me to airmail them a €20 note in an envelope.

Use Wise. It’s not free but it’s a lot cheaper than that.

LFMD, France

Peter wrote:

I will spend as much in bank charges as the invoice itself (€20).

Use Revolut and it will cost you just few cents.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I tried applying and lost the will to live.

According to the VAC, they ONLY accept American. Weird. Usually, it‘s the other way ‘round…

That AIP is BS, fortunately. Crap English; the other way round.

They take Visa or Mastercard.

The fuellers speak poor English but good enough to tell you the above card names. Actually I rate LFMT highly for a straight refuel. AFAICT the 3 days PN/PPR is not a problem if you just land there without telling anybody

The best one I remember was from Pamplona where the fueller did not understand “AIR BP” no matter how many times I said it, so I borrowed a load of cash from @aart who then paid him with, guess what, AIR BP! That fueller was a real idiot. I should have showed him the actual card. He was AIR BP only.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message