Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Nice and friendly GA Airports in the area of Montpellier LFMT / Perpignan LFMP / Beziers LFMU

Yes they could well have charged you for the PCL. It’s worth checking before hand.
They could also have charged you an administration fee which is more than the landing fee. I have also received the invoice more than 6 months later. It’s a problem in the clubs having to look back through the records and then track down the pilot to pay up.

France

I see that Montpellier LFMT is still in the ranks of African airports with this

A3594/23 NOTAMN
Q) LFMM/QMKLT/IV/M /A /000/999/4335N00358E005
A) LFMT B) 2306291533 C) 2310282359
E) PARKING LIMITED FOR ANY NON BASED AND NON REGULAR ACFT :
REQUEST TO BE TRANSMITTED UPON 3 DAYS PPR BY EMAIL TO :
PCE(AT)MONTPELLIER.AEROPORT.FR
CREATED: 29 Jun 2023 15:33:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN

So, basically, practically, the airport is shut not only to foreigners but to everybody.

I was flying today from Croatia to UK but due to bad wx flew to LFMT instead. AIP says customs/imm is hrs AD so that’s good. I’ve been there before a number of times. I emailed them anyway with my details. While airborne I got this gem:

Just realised – same as here.

I apologised.

Of course the GA terminal (what a joke) was empty. One woman was outside the door smoking a fag; maybe related maybe not, but showing no interest.

Is there nobody in France who might be interested in this kind of stuff? Evidently not.

I don’t have a French gendec so emailed them a photo of my passport. But there is nobody there anyway, and if you try to do it properly, you get this.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was going to go there a few weeks back for an IFR practice flight, and we ran into this ridiculous 3 day PPR thing. My instructor sent a request the day before and it was granted with no fuss the following morning, but by then we had replanned and went to Valence instead.

The problem is in general little airports taking themselves for Heathrow or O’Hare. Undoubtedly lying behind is someone like the “gentleman” described here:

http://n5296s.blogspot.com/2020/01/a-visit-to-prefecture.html

Beziers is still good – I was there a couple of weeks ago.

Or of course you could have taken my offer to come to LFMD and eat the best pizza in the world: https://n5296s.blogspot.com/2011/08/favourite-restaurants-3-pizza-cresci.html .

But you would have need a COHOR request, which is scary in theory and no big deal in practice (like a lot in French aviation), and you would have to fly the visual segment of the RNP 17, upon which more in a separate post.

LFMD, France

@johnh, at what time does LFMT actually close?
I understood that it is 21:00 local if you need immigration and later if you don’t. Wrong again?

EGTR

arj1 wrote:

at what time does LFMT actually close?

I’m afraid I’m the wrong person to ask, since I’ve never been there.

Last Edited by johnh at 14 Aug 15:45
LFMD, France

I think the reason this 3 day thing is notamed and not in the AIP is that a notam needs less scrutiny. The apron had loads of room

Anyway, it is obvious that someone reads EuroGA. Either the airport, or somebody who wants to make life difficult, and now the police do come

Takes about 10 minutes.

But still no staff so more international payment hassle.

Toilets locked too. Apparently to stop taxi drivers making a mess.

But the airport gets a lot of points for supporting our community

Since Nov 2022

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Got charged for landing and my stay from Fri evening until Sunday late afternoon for 29.38€. Don’t have the details as it was the club that got the invoice.

Not too bad.

ELLX, Luxembourg

An unbelievable nightmare occurred in Montpellier yesterday.

Total would not take my Debit or Credit Card! I had to go to the terminal and get cash and almost didn’t have enough. What is this? A dodgy sweet shop in the west end? This didn’t happen last time. Can anyone please enlighten me as to why? Also how I can resolve this so I can pay by card on the way home?

Last Edited by pilotrobbie at 23 Sep 08:24
Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Total would not take my Debit or Credit Card!

What flavour of credit card?

Did they have technical issues, or what did the fuel guy say?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

He didn’t speak English. Except telling me to pay cash…. in very good English.

Can any natives ask them for me and report back here?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message