Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

French airports and 24hr / 48hr PN

Just planning a trip to Dinard LFRD, only to find this is yet another one with 48hr PN at weekends.

I am not sure if it is easy to parse all of a country’s aerodrome AIPs and produce a map of all “24hr PN” or “48hr PN” airports.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This kind of thing may have been done before here by @davidc and here by @carlmeek.

Administrator

I am told it can be done but is a fair bit of work.

It would be useful for deciding whether a day trip – often planned at a short notice – is viable.

Administrator

I wonder if anyone can track down the CUSTOMS IMMIGRATION SERVICES ACT mentioned in this LFMT notam:

A2999/22 NOTAMN
Q) LFMM/QFZAH/IV/NBO/A /000/999/4335N00358E005
A) LFMT B) 2206290000 C) 2209292359
E) CUSTOMS IMMIGRATION SERVICES ACT: 0300-2100
MANDATORY PPR FOR ALL OUTBOUND SHENGEN AREA EXC SKED COMMERCIAL
FLIGHTS :
- 12HR DURING OPENING HOURS OF DUTY
- 24HR OUTSIDE HOURS OF DUTY
WITH GENERAL DECLARATION TRANSMISSION
BY MAIL CONTACT: BSE-FREJORGUES.(AT).DOUANE.FINANCES.GOUV.FR
CREATED: 28 Jun 2022 14:32:00
SOURCE: EUECYIYN

Administrator

You are joking, right? ACT stands for active, as to say „in operation during the followong hours“. Poor English, yes, but the French have always been poor in that.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

How would I be joking?

I read it as an English speaker.

Administrator

ACFT

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

As an English speaker I read it as meaning active, especially with a time window immediately after it.

There are lots of abbreviations used in NOTAMS without any standardization as far as I‘m aware. Many countries, including English-speaking ones, seem to invent abbreviations at will. Even for those countries it is sometimes difficult to be certain what a NOTAM is really trying to say.

What is more disturbing is that this NOTAM requires PPR not PNR.

One approach would be to send PN for multiple airfields just to be sure. There are lots of reasons to then not fly to an airfield where PN has been sent. There is no requirement to cancel, and one can always claim that the long PNR forces the pilot to send PN preemptively. GA flights are not scheduled like airlines. Perhaps there is a risk to lose airfields with customs, but if they were flooded with PN messages for flights that didn‘t happen then maybe the senselessness would sink in.

Last Edited by chflyer at 22 Sep 08:28
LSZK, Switzerland

chflyer wrote:

There is no requirement to cancel, and one can always claim that the long PNR forces the pilot to send PN preemptively.

Up to 30ke for sending PN without turning up and not cancelling if customs turn up (not joking and scare someone)

Last Edited by Ibra at 22 Sep 08:31
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

CUSTOMS IMMIGRATION SERVICES ACT: 0300-2100
MANDATORY PPR FOR ALL OUTBOUND SHENGEN AREA EXC SKED COMMERCIAL
FLIGHTS :
- 12HR DURING OPENING HOURS OF DUTY
- 24HR OUTSIDE HOURS OF DUTY

Ok, so they are there from 0300 to 2100 (lT or UTC?)

And still need 12 hr PPR for a Non Schengen Departures? What about Non Schengen Arrivals? And a Gen Dec on top of it?

Very badly worded and even Schengen is written wrongly, so would anyone trust this to be accurate for arrivals in particular, where according to this NOTAM there is no requirement for a PPR? Does not make any sense whatsoever.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message