OK – thanks

I got this from Lausanne:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have an update on hangarage:

TAG Aviation

hangar CHF 300/night (=GBP 200/24hrs)
outside parking CHF 150/24hrs

They also offer a hangar just to warm up the plane for a few hours to melt off the ice, for a “half” rate i.e. CHF 150.

Alpine Jet Service

(to be advised)

Administrator

Would anybody have recommendations for reasonably priced accommodation for a long weekend in Courchevel please?
Anything available on the internet appears to be eye-watering expensive and more focused on full week accommodation, rather than fly-in & fly-out.

CenturionFlyer
LKLT

Anything available on the internet appears to be eye-watering expensive and more focused on full week accommodation, rather than fly-in & fly-out.

I guess that is a general problem, at least in the high class ski resorts…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I am cancelling the TB20 flight to Sion. The outbound wx looks probably flyable but there is a load of muck following behind that and I would just be worrying about it, and I have a passenger. Due to the rapidly escalating airline ticket prices as one gets closer to the (only presently possible) time slot, one has to make a decision at least a few days ahead, so we are getting tickets to Innsbruck.

But the exercise was very useful, to find out what is possible and how much it costs. I have still not heard from the 2nd hangarage firm at Sion but obviously they are going to be a similar price to the other one So hangarage will be very expensive, which means either carrying de-ice fluid or, preferably for the engine too, warm up before departure by paying for a few hours’ hangarage.

Lausanne is unworkable in the winter if there might be any snow/frost during the parking period, unless you bring your own de-ice gear. They don’t have a hangar space even for a few hours (despite having loads of hangars).

I will probably go in the TB20 in January onwards.

Administrator

Peter, I would go for Annecy Meythet (LFLP)
They have an instrument approach so it will give you a better chance of getting in and out on your schedule.
Friendly handling team.
From there I would go to Chamonix as it is very close or head into Switzerland to the 4 valleys with Veysonnaz and Nendaz good choices and quickest to get to.

One on one lessons are key if you have not skied before.

Skiing is the closest I have come to flying with your feet still in contact with the ground…just fantastic!!

Cant beat it for a family holiday.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Peter, I just saw your cancelled flight to Sion.

I am also planning to go to Sion and the tel numbers and charges and other info is very useful.

How can I extract the useful info to save it for future use. The website does not allow me to copy and paste.

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Which website?

BTW I think the problem will be at the UK end. I have no reason to think the wx at Sion will be anything less than great

Administrator

BTW. Did you see tat Sion just added an RNAV approach on Oct 15

Were you planning for a VFR approach or IFR?

The initial approach altitude for the procedure is 17k…is that an issue for you?

EGKB Biggin Hill London

That RNP procedure is AFAIK of no use to light GA:

They have an IGS (offset ILS) approach; discussed earlier in this thread. One can fly that under IFR, to an “elevated” minima, after passing a website test. To fly to operator minima one needs training with a special local instructor.

I can go to 20000ft if needed, sometimes more (21000 is the max I have been to). But one cannot do Sion in IMC unless one is de-iced etc because if you have to go around you will never make any meaningful climb gradient. So for me it’s at worst a descent through a thin cloud layer.

You can do the control-c in Chrome.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message