Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

Not many “common people” will pay 4.8k for that silly statue

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A friend rents his house to a Frenchman. Who said he works or worked for the French secret service. He left for a while but said he’d be back. And left this contraption on the table. Now, I don’t think this ‘secret service’ stuff is relevant because such people tend not to say what their profession is. My friend asked me what this device could be and I have no idea, nor did some other friends of mine. It’s quite heavy and clearly part of a larger machine. Maybe not aviation related although it came in a solid ‘flight case’ ;) Has a placard on it that says ‘built in the Netherlands’.

So with all these sharp minds here I thought it would be a good idea to consult the EuroGA Oracle.

You know, this could be serious stuff. Maybe this Frenchman is some sort of Blofeld who comes back with ‘part deux’ of this contraption and thus builds a doomsday machine! I hate to think that Armageddon starts in my neighborhood. So maybe EuroGA gets to save the world and make Peter rich(er) and famous in doing so.

If needed, take a glass of wine or some other substance that expands the mind and let me know. The clock starts NOW..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

It looks like some sort of device for compressing air, such as in a forced air heating system.
It would not be very secret if he tells everyone he is in the secret service so I would pretty much discount that.

France

That fan would not produce much pressure – maybe 0.1 bar over ambient. Looks like some sort of ventilation device for some piece of equipment (assuming the inside is empty).

Justine spotted this today at Shoreham. It made me laugh

Administrator

@aart, have your friend look into the mouth of that contraption. If there’s a springy wobbly metal plate at the contact plane of the bottom rectangular box with the top wedge, then it’s a diaphone (a howling device mostly used in foghorns).

Last Edited by Ultranomad at 14 Jul 23:16
LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

https://www.rotax-owner.com/en/general-tech-discussion/9969-what-is-this-ultralight-1990s-vermont

“i bought something without knowing what it was” You have to love her happy-go-lucky attitude I hope she paid less than the scrap value of the metal involved. Any opinions here whether this can made to use, aeronautical or not?

Last Edited by aart at 25 Jul 12:05
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

We live in a mad world nowadays but the Daily Dirt Digger never fails to get the prize

How close will society go to total collapse

Administrator

Flying High

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Flying High

Respect @Peter_Mundy that should be a world-breaking record!

(or maybe the one who generated the aircraft’s information was “flying high”?)

Germany

(with apologies to Monty Python – humour which mostly defeated me)

Administrator
Sign in to add your message