Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

Peter_Mundy wrote:

Flying High

Encoding altimeters with a parallel interface are known to produce such things if one of the lines is defective.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Spelling or darts‘ champion, you can’t have it all :)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Administrator

Maybe some of the brakes, but not all. Hard to imagine taxying and stopping at the gate using reverse thrust

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

yep, another journalistic gem…
Single brake deactivation started dozens of years ago, with the introduction of multi bogey gears. I don’t recall on the DC-8, but for sure an approved procedure on the DC-10 and subsequent. Approved procedure meaning the item is MELed, and all procedures, as also in performance calculations, are applied.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I have a controller friend at LEPA who sometimes sends me screenshots when he spots me. One day I got 3 inches (ok, maybe 4) into his CTR and he sent me a WA during his break. “Busted, please proceed to downwind 24L and prepare to hand over your aircraft to the pertinent AENA rep which, by coincidence, is me..”

I had no choice but to respond of course. Who needs VHF nowadays?

Last Edited by aart at 14 Aug 06:49
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Wholesome!

always learning
LO__, Austria

I think Peter should try the same with “he who must not be named” in the CAA if Peter ever busts airspace in the UK again!

We could crowd source his legal fees. The entertainment value alone would be worth it

EIWT Weston, Ireland

There is a job for everyone nowadays

FYI, there is nothing under about 100 years old.

But it’s a great line at a party. Girl: What do you for a living? Boy: I am a gravestone auditor.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message