Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

Surely many of you will enjoy the blogs of both “Pauls” at Avweb.

Here’s Paul Berge’s latest jewel.

I’m seriously considering getting rid of that mask of a rational human being and dumping that ‘circadia’ in exchange for a proper ‘fuel-to-noise generator’ like a Boeing Stearman. Still being a little rational, the first step would be to ask Peter to delete all my EV and environmental related posts of course.

‘My’ field and hangar is big enough and the only creatures around that I would bother are a few turtles, but they don’t seem to have big ears.

@Antonio, please get rid of that silly airliner of yours and join me..

Whoops, just spilled some pretty strong Mallorcan red wine.

Last Edited by aart at 23 Oct 18:34
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Apparently this is real

In the NUMMY3 Standard Terminal Arrival Procedures at Washington Ronald Reagan Airport (KDCA), there are several consecutive waypoints: WEWIL NEVVR FORGT SEPII ALWYZ. If you connect them together, it means: We will never forget Sep.11 always

And the Casanova VOR

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

This seems genuine indeed. In FAA-land “fun” with waypoint names is not rare, I’ve heard of others.

Casanova is an actual village, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casanova,_Virginia

ELLX

aart wrote:

@Antonio, please get rid of that silly airliner of yours and join me..

Already did the latter part, the former is not that easy…the most some of those around me like about flying is going places!

Antonio
LESB, Spain

The whole northern California approach/departure structure uses wine names: MRRLO, MLBEC, PEENO, LEGGS (the streaks of alcohol down the side of a glass), CORKK, SYRAG, BRIXX (coincident with the SFO VOR on the airport).

The approaches to KSJC are related to shaving: RAZZR, STUBL, GYLET (Gillette – geddit) and silicon valley companies: SILCN, VLLEY, APLLE, GGUGL (Cisco is in there somewhere too).

LFMD, France

OK, other than @terbang who’s going to be successful to sell this at home?

I’ll open a really nice red tonight and give it a go, but am not holding my breath.

Had to show this to wifey… she pointed out that this is a single bed only.
Guess she meant we still need more space for our airborne times

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

How dare you? Posting pictures of my abode on a public forum 😉

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

You guys are hilarious…though, come to think of it , it right on topic

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Opened that red yesterday evening and gave it a go. “Honey, we can add a canopy and that will keep the mosquitos away!”

I got that familiar compassionate look whenever I say or do something, ehm, out of the ordinary and then she said two things:

1. “My dear, is this yet another attempt to become a real man in our bedroom? Not going to work with a two-blade and probably fixed pitch prop”

2. “Maybe the time has come for a ‘mile-high club’ membership”

Anyway, at least the red was very good.

Won’t give up though. Anyone here has a one of those masculine 4-5 blade scimitar prop for sale at a reasonable price? Come to think of it, may also be quite effective against mosquitos.

Sign in to add your message