Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

I’ve flown a Ralleye, and they are really good at STOL… but not that good…
(Judging from the wingspan, I’d say that field is about 100m long)

Last Edited by skydriller at 12 Oct 08:27

Now you guys finally know where your donations ended up. It’s the brand new EuroGA HQ.

The ‘strip’ is more like 50m, about twice that tennis court? The aircraft seems trucked in, prob without wings. I’ll ask around a bit. It’s a house it seems, with lots of windows shuttered.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Guilty of flying one C152 a mechanic used to own, I can vouch they are safer and well maintained than airliners

PS: I also did my IMCR in that C152, even followed by few IFR hours in clouds (no autopilot) along M25 with ModeC, 25khz, VOR, ADF, ILS looking at my tablet GPS and dodgy AI/DG…this même sums it up !

Last Edited by Ibra at 12 Oct 16:15
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

There’s also a guy with a Harrier in his backyard, he should not have any problem apart from maybe some neighbours complaining. 

Likely because the smell of JetA is awful

Saw this the other day..

Please tell me this is the story of an entrepeneurial Brit who emigrated to the US, created this company and could not forget the golden days when he was really good at playing Rugby.

I had a typo on my JetA invoice “hooker fee” (hooking fee)

Hooker harness company history

The name comes from the founder. My plane’s 5-point harnesses were made by Hooker, using the original latches and hardware. It’s a good company for rebuilding existing harnesses as well as for custom stuff.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Oct 14:59

I confess that when I first looked at aerobatic planes, a while back, I did wonder what exactly these harnesses were intended to keep in place and for what purpose. But as Silvaire says, they are a reputable safety harness manufacturer who has been in business for a long while. Their main business is for racing, rally etc cars.

LFMD, France

In a final attempt to get my wife into aviation I’m considering this for her birthday present. How do you rate my chances?

Last Edited by aart at 21 Oct 11:49

Pretty good Aart, pretty good
As a matter of fact mine’s got her BD today and I just sent her that picture… not really optimistic about the outcome though…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message