Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

And 2/3rds of lift come from top of the wing :)

always learning
LO__, Austria

The sign of a real pilot

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Funny, I always seem to spot something new in my bimbling along here. I know that this Rallye may have slats, but this guy may stretch things a little, no? He must have thought “just to get a nice margin, let me cut that the middle tree there at the departure end”

Last Edited by aart at 11 Oct 16:53
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

There’s also a guy with a Harrier in his backyard, he should not have any problem apart from maybe some neighbours complaining. I’ll go out and make a pic one of these days

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

@aart, I’m struggling to see how any aircraft takeoff here! :)
Where is the “runway”?

EGTR

I know that this Rallye may have slats, but this guy may stretch things a little, no?

My first thought was „ah, nice, a technical high school campus with a donor plane in the yard“, then I saw the pool. I bet this dude got this thing for his kids to play with… nice toy.

always learning
LO__, Austria

It’s surprising how little space is needed to land anf take off in a Rallye. Some years ago a guy landed one in a cave then turned round and took off again.😃

Last Edited by gallois at 12 Oct 07:04
France

gallois wrote:

It’s surprising how little space is needed to land and take off in a Rallye

Maybe; but anyone seen the stairs there? No way he landed that plane there.

Germany

But what is that place? There is a big pool, but the surrounding buildings dont appear to have enough windows to be a house or flats, surely?

I assumed he landed in the field next door and taxied to that position. There is a track running from the field so there is obviously a gap between the trees.

France
Sign in to add your message