Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Funny random stuff

I was intending to buy a landing light when I noticed this warning. I’m still intending to buy, but will put a notice on the panel forbidding switching it on over California.

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 15 Mar 21:35
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Virtually everything has that ‘cancer causing’ label when sold in California, without effect. It’s just yet another sticker to peel off, or another piece of packaging to toss in the trash.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 15 Mar 22:26

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Virtually everything has that ‘cancer causing’ label when sold in California, without effect. It’s just yet another sticker to peel off, or another piece of packaging to toss in the trash.

This was Proposition something-or-other, way back in the 90s or even 80s. I’ve always assumed that whatever genius politician pushed it through, had a brother-in-law in the sticky label business.

LFMD, France

Switzerland

had a brother-in-law in the sticky label business.

No; that was CE marking

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Silvaire wrote:

Lots of other warnings, too. I remember seeing an official-looking plaque summing up that attitude nicely: “The State of California has not yet determined what else you should be warned about, so please stand by”.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

At least it(’)s consistent. Assuming that the emporium is owned by a Mr Goodwyn, he has omitted the apostrophe in the one place it ought to be.

LFMD, France

And maybe Dud-Ley Rd would have been appropriate

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message