Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ForeFlight (merged thread)

Thanks Snoopy, this is very useful information. I’m surprised we haven’t got a similar response from Jeppesen.

Bushpilot C208/C182
FMMI/EHRD, Madagascar

Posting here just as a notice to those who may not have seen it. ForeFlight is running some great discounts for Black Friday/Cyber Monday including even better deals for those based outside the United States by offering 25% off new or upgrade subscriptions to either Pro Plus or Performance Plus. We are also working with our Sentry resellers in Europe to offer a 15% off discount on Sentry Plus – Sky Fox, Eisenschmidt, and CAE Pilot Shop. While I wouldn’t normally post anything about a promotion, I thought it was worth getting the word out since today is the final day and these are the best discounts ForeFlight has ever offered.

Links:

Last Edited by Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight at 27 Nov 16:20
ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

ForeFlight is running some great discounts for Black Friday/Cyber Monday including even better deals for those based outside the United States by offering 25% off new or upgrade subscriptions to either Pro Plus or Performance Plus.

I’m pretty happy FF user but I don’t see this as some great deal, especially for European GA.

No discount for Performance Plus renewal (only for upgrades but there’s no upgrade from PP) and discount is applicable if region is US.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Hi @Emir,

So that language is for using the U.S. code. There is a second code listed under International Black Friday deals which includes the 25% off for Canada, Europe, and Australia. You are correct that these are for new and upgraded subscriptions and do not include renewals of the existing subscription. That is not something that we currently offer at this time for any user regardless of region.

Josh

ForeFlight - Head of International Gr...
KGTU, United States

Yes, it’s like all BF offers, only for new comers… I was tempted about the sentry/S+, but actually did fix my stratux and will use it back because:
-I already have it
-it has flarm, (I only have the 2 antenna built)
-I can use it with any app
-I can buy a CO detector somewhere else, and it won’t cost the difference (Like this one).

LFMD, France

This has probably been done before but why does FF block the display of (AIP) terminal charts which are past a certain date?

I updated all the data about 2 weeks ago and already today it refused to load the EGMD ILS21 plate.

This is completely ridiculous!

And it is not as if you could update anytime over 4G. I have a contract SIM in this Ipad, £9/month, but the FF database download is about 5GB! I have a 10GB allowance on my phone, so could use that, but that is silly.

Does FF do the same with Jepp plates?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

but the FF database download is about 5GB

All Europe (AIP) is more (IIRC some 14 GB) but in case of connection problems you can always download just data (pack) that you need for particular flight.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I print all plates for the planned flight, and FF would be needed for changes to the plan, so it is hard to know what will be needed.

14GB is a “home only” proposition.

The entire Jepp worldwide approach plate and enroute data database is about 3GB!

But why does FF cripple the application in this way, after something like 2-4 weeks?

Maybe @Josh_Tahmasebi_ForeFlight may know.

Administrator

But why does FF cripple the application in this way, after something like 2-4 weeks?

Are you sure about that? I remember in the past it was just “map expired” message without precluding you to use it (for some time – IIRC 2 months or so).

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Yes – I could not even view it, let alone add it to the Map which is what I normally do.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message