Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero/Friedrichshafen 2013

@jan

what do you mean with tmz from 1200 up? where?

Around Amsterdam there is a very big TMA class A from 1500 ft .. a bit similar to London.

@Peter

this list is what all eu fields should base themselves on for noise (the value in chapter 6 or 10) and and mtow.

a good example you can find here

however with this field I am still fighting as last year they charged me for cat 1 while I am cat 2. Their statement was that they base themselves on a list of the Dutch CAA but that is bs. The Dutch CAA is way to small to produce their own list so will always base themselves on the EASA values.

And with these rates they are probably the most expensive field in The Netherlands for landingfees.

If you ever have been to Texel airport you can find the correct values also on the list under visitors.

www.texelairport.nl

The TB20 seems to be cat 3

We have the same set up with Audio TAWS alerts from our Aera 500.

I got a terrain warning from mine the other day flying a tight circuit to rwy16 at Aberdeen...that was a surprise!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

If anyone is going from UK for a day trip (assuming that's possible) and wants to cost share I'd be interested in going.

Forever learning
EGTB

I don't think a day trip is feasible from the UK.

In the TB20 the flight is c. 3.5 hrs depending on winds.

e.g.

EGKA FL140 WIZAD M140 DVR L9 KONAN L607 LNO N852 GTQ R7 LUPEN Y711 NATOR T733 USETI T732 GARMO EDNY

473nm and a 10% overhead over GC.

You could do it but you wouldn't see anything.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I'll do daily trip from Croatia on Saturday - 2.5 hrs in each direction. Due to poor planing and busy schedule I was late on booking the slot. I'll come around noon and leave in the evening. And probably will not see much :(

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir: call them on the evening before you fly and ask for an earlier slot. Chances are good you will get it.

I am volunteering on the PocketFMS stand at Friedrichshafen again this year. If any of your guys are attending call and say hello! It would be nice to meet in person.

Just ask for Colm. We're in hall A6.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Currently - too early to tell - the wx looks non-flyable so it may be the airline backup for me.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Wed/Thu looks perfect... I'll either go IFR (train) or VFR (car) though.

Sign in to add your message