Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero/Friedrichshafen 2013

MINIMUM German fine of €500,000 - what happens if you really upset them?

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

MINIMUM German fine of €500,000 - what happens if you really upset them?

That's BS. The standard fine for aviation relation infractions below the crime level is "up to 50 000 €". The law always gives a maximum fine. So 50 000 € would be for something really bad, like a repeated intentional offender. The standard fine is 500 € for when they really want to have you pay.

N-regs have noise certificates, too because this is an ICAO thing, not a German invention. You can fill out your noise certificate yourself because the FAA implements the ICAO rule by deferring it to the owner. There are forms and instructions on the FAA websites. All German airports will have to accept them.

Maybe Peter had a bit of a typo @ #50 - €50,000 not €500,000.

Thanks for the info on 'noise certificates' - I will get the owners to cover that one.

Regret no current medical
Was Sandtoft EGCF, North England, United Kingdom

@warley air

sounds like you already have done quit a bit of vfr xcountry. I would not be to worried about that.

Just do plan ahead and think of what the airspaces will be and especially be aware of the nucleair powerplants in france and all the restricted areas where a simpel "is r xxx active" will suffice.

vfr in germany is easy. ditto for france. Belgium is a bit more complicated and Holland has a large part which is 1500 ft max!

If you are vfr only then a good selection of alternates is essential and you want do download the latest weather radar just in case.

Personally I would definitely have a Jepp subscription .. vfr only is not expensive and it covers you everywhere.

What I do not understand is why people continue to have these Garmin handheld gps devices when any gps equipped tablet and or smartphone will give you much more information. Even Peter who is very active and aware still has one his yoke?

have airnavpro and skydemon and you are all set.

Personally I also carry all the papercharts but not necessaraly the lates anymore, just because sometimes it is easier to read.

And for EDNY I would print the approach and taxi diagrams as well.

Have a safe flight!

Even Peter who is very active and aware still has one his yoke?

Only because it is rock solid and has a ~7hr battery life

And the TAWS function of the G496 comes out as an audio line output which can be wired to your intercom, so you get an increasingly excited American lady telling you TERRAIN PULL UP whenever you fly into Welshpool

For awareness relative to CAS, the 496 is garbage, IMHO, but then so is just about every IFR panel mount GPS.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

warley air, I agree with Commander.

Better to get started on it like you do and learn as you are go. I find Germany friendly and straight forward to fly in although not as service minded as Danish ATS which IMHO stand out in excellence.

In Germany, I have paid for not having brought a noise certificate but I think it was only 10 - 30 EUR extra or so (I don't remember).

as far as noise is concerned .. there s an official EAsa list.

I see the TB20 with the 3B prop on line 6712 onwards in that Excel file but what does this mean? Does it mean you are OK to not carry a noise certificate?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Holland has a large part which is 1500 ft max

Perhaps confusing with TMZ's from 1200' up? But they do not disallow VFR flying.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

And the TAWS function of the G496 comes out as an audio line output which can be wired to your intercom, so you get an increasingly excited American lady telling you TERRAIN PULL UP whenever you fly into Welshpool

We have the same set up with Audio TAWS alerts from our Aera 500. The TAWS software key for our GTN650 would have been $6,000 + tax (that is not a typo). It makes the Aera a bargain for that alone.

Gloucester UK (EGBJ)
Sign in to add your message