Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Aero Friedrichshafen 2021 - CANCELLED

Here

What are the bets on whether this will run?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Keep an eye here and watch to see if other events in the run up to it go ahead.

event list

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Peter wrote:

What are the bets on whether this will run?

Difficult to say. Right now we are not exactly on track to vaccinate lots of people (only 800k so far), but that may have changed by then.

I say it’s 50/50 to go ahead…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

I think April is too early. My bet is it will not happen this year.

ESME, ESMS

Way too early. We are planning with 2022 earliest.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

From “Aerokurier”

Bei der Messe Friedrichshafen war man bis Ende 2020 optimistich, die AERO 2021 mit einem der Lage angepassten Konzept durchführen zu können. Die jüngte Pressemitteilung vom 15. Dezember dürfte mit der Verlängerung des Lockdowns und der anstehenden weiteren Verschärfung der Maßnahmen allerdings einiges an Aktualität eingebüßt haben. Wichtige Branchengrößen hätten bereits zugesagt, heißt es in der Mitteilung, darunter Diamond, Tecnam, Piper, Junkers, Rheinland Air Service als Vertreter von Daher, HondaJet und Bell sowie – das erste Mal seit mehreren Jahren – der US-Luftfahrtriese Textron. Seit Monaten hatten das Messeteam an einem Konzept gearbeitet, dass mit breiteren Gängen und einem reinen Online-Ticketverkauf zur Kontrolle der Besucherzahl die AERO 2021 möglich machen sollte. Für Ende Februar bzw. Anfang März hat das Messeteam eine finale Entscheidung über die Durchführung angesichts der aktuellen Situation angekündigt.

So the organisation will decide at the end of feb/early March whether it is a go or not.

If it does go ahead I will only go if I have had my (second) jab, which is unlikely.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Deepl translation of above:

Messe Friedrichshafen was optimistic that it would be able to hold AERO 2021 with a concept adapted to the situation by the end of 2020. However, the latest press release from 15 December is likely to have lost some of its topicality with the extension of the lockdown and the impending further tightening of the measures. Major industry players have already confirmed their participation, the press release says, including Diamond, Tecnam, Piper, Junkers, Rheinland Air Service representing Daher, HondaJet and Bell, as well as – for the first time in several years – the US aviation giant Textron. For months, the exhibition team had been working on a concept that would make AERO 2021 possible with wider aisles and online-only ticket sales to control the number of visitors. In view of the current situation, the trade fair team has announced a final decision on the staging of the event for the end of February or the beginning of March.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nürnberg Messe cancelled the March 2021 IWA show back in November last year.

Clearly, the European gun trade is more responsible and risk-averse than the GA industry and its customers, but I suspect that where Franconia leads, the Bodensee will follow.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Subject needs to be changed, new dates now:
14. – 17. July AERO 2021

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

Subject needs to be changed, new dates now:
14. – 17. July AERO 2021

Really…? Their web site still says April 21 – 24.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
40 Posts
Sign in to add your message