Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Windy.com - an amazing wind and weather visualisation site

Thanks!

How ridiculous. One can understand tweaking the UI on a phone (which you can basically never do a good job with any nontrivial functionality) but on a PC/laptop this is ridiculous because you have a big screen which can support a rich UI.

They have a forum there I believe…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

The UI seems to have changed and the only way I can get tops is by using the Menu

I think it has change a while ago… nevertheless, what one can do is to hover over the desired type icon, e.g. Medium Clouds, and then the pin to Homepage prompt will appear. Clicking it will place it in the main selection for direct access.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

rittels wrote:

Hi aviators

Windy.com is planning to stop the plugins.

If you find www.windy.com/plugins useful, please post here: https://community.windy.com/topic/30927 … natainable,
and ask for support for the plugins to be continue, or for the specific plugin to be incorporated in the core windy program.

I wrote the flight planner plugin (www.windy.com/plugins/windy-plugin-fp).

Thanks!

Is this still working? I click on the link and it brings me to the normal windy page (am a subscriber). I can click on menu – select install plugin but it won’t accept (eg) the URL above as the link to load it as the ending should be plugin.js or plugin.min.js – neither work, already tried….

EDL*, Germany

Thanks Dan – that works. But in a funny way; previously clicking on Clouds produced the various cloud related options right below Clouds. Now the new stuff appears in a random order

Administrator

Yeah, it is kinda weird… another access to all aviation clouds would be by selecting Clouds, aviation

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I’m happy they’re improving stuff. It’s my top two sources for weather, the other being Austrocontrol (mainly for Alps). Btw Austrocontrol is free for any pilot, you just have to give them a scan of your license when you sign up: https://www.austrocontrol.at/flugwetter/index.php?id=1&lang=en

ELLX, Luxembourg

They are not “improving” stuff.

Administrator

Does anyone use the IFR route view in windy?

I find the VFR view very useful but it only goes up to FL100.

The IFR view goes higher but I don’t know how to use it and what it tells me. The help seem to say the color overlay is related to the difference to ISA? How do you use it? What does it tell you and any useful info from that about clouds or something else for flying?

EGTF, United Kingdom

Some pretty unhappy people on the Windy forum too…

Administrator

Has anyone noticed that windy.com seems to show negligible colour coding gradient for stuff like cloudbase, cloud tops, etc?

If you click in different places it shows the same colour but very different numbers

Administrator
Sign in to add your message