Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CIME card in France - a mandatory crew certificate?

My security training was an evening lecture by a HIAL official, as far as I can remember.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

johnh wrote:

Has anyone on here actually done the French version of the CIME training, or know anyone who has?

Yes I’ve done the training and asked for the card (via the Aopa, same cost, 80 € for 3 years).

The training costs around 30 €, and is a roughly 3 hours elearning on security. I would say about 50% of the formation is non relevant for us (things about how to inspect people and vehicles).
At the end of the elearning, a pretty easy test where you must be obtain at least 60% of success.
Each one of my buddies and I obtained at least 80%.

For the question of “will this be necessary”, problem is as today, we know the following :
- that some airports have a permanent PCZSAR on the whole airport. These are “big” airports where you rarely will go (Lyon St Ex, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, etc.)
- that some airports have a permanent PCZSAR on a specific part of the airport (but this specific part can be the whole apron : that’s the case in Bastia for example from what I heard). Here is the first problem. You can’t find this online, and you would have to ask specifically for each airport if you need to go through this “PCZSAR” area when operating with a GA aircraft. Usually, the answer is no, cause these airports are pretty big with important commercial traffic, and so the PCZSAR only include the commercial and airline apron, and the GA have a separate access from that and does not need to go through it.
- that some airports have a temporary activable PCZSAR, which can be on a specific part of the airport, or the whole airport. Same as above : you need to ask each manager to know what it will include and if you need to go through it when operating general aviation.
I think that will be on these airports that the main problem will be.
For example : In Caen, when parked on the grass apron, you have to walk through the commercial apron to get to the FBO. I am pretty sure (yet I have no confirmation) that you would need to go through the PCZSAR when activated.
Question is : when would it be activated ?
Answer is probably : anytime there is a commercial aircraft on the ground (Volotea, etc.)

So if you want to depart from this airport when an airbus is on the ground, you would have three options :
- if you have this card : all good
- if you don’t have this card : either you wait the aircraft is gone and the PCZSAR deactivated, or you pay for the handler to walk you through.

Another question is : in the future, will this cause a problem for the airport managers to differentiate the GA pilots who have this card, and those who do not ?
Is the problem is easily treated for departure aircrafts, how will it be treated for arrival aircraft ?

I think the next months will be “interesting”

LFBZ, France

jeff64 wrote:

PCZSAR

What’s a PCZSAR?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

What’s a PCZSAR?

The French acronym for “critical part of the security restricted area”, as meant by 1.1.3 of the Annex to Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2015/1998 of 5 November 2015 laying down detailed measures for the implementation of the common basic standards on aviation security

PCZSAR = Partie Critique de Zone de Sûreté à Accès Réglementé.

In a nutshell, this covers all areas where CAT passengers have access to after having been screened, and all places traversed by their baggage after it has been screened, but not necessarily (all of) the apron and/or aircraft parking areas, those must be security restricted areas, but not necessarily a critical part thereof.

Last Edited by lionel at 07 Jun 19:28
ELLX

At Inverness EGPE there is a marked “Critical Part” which my badge does not authorise me to enter. As I entered after showing my pass to Security, a low rope used to separate me from it. Now there are two lines of barrier, which I could easily vault over, at my present age of only 82.
I do not go through the scanner, or have my bag checked, to enter the non-Critical part.
A high fence and gate separates those with no security pass from the non-Critical Part.

Last Edited by Maoraigh at 07 Jun 19:55
Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

I’ve done the training and asked for the card

@jeff64 (or anyone else) Is there a way to do the training online rather than spending half a day at a training centre?

I just applied through FFA, which seems to have gone OK. They give a list of approved trainers, but all the ones I’ve looked at seem to be in person.

LFMD, France

If you check the list of training organisations on the official doc, you will see the ones who propose computer training (i do not remember the acronym used on the sheet).

I did it with butterfly something. 28ish euros and 3.5hours on your computer (you can stop at anytime, continue from there when you want, any number of time you want).

I did all of it and send all the documents to the aopa by mid-may if I remember well, and I just got news my card has been sent following the approbation from the prefecture.

LFBZ, France

@jeff64 Thanks!

I just did it with Butterfly and attached the result to the application I already made via the FFA a few days ago. We’ll see how it works out.

The test was pretty simple. I’d taken extensive notes but the only thing I needed them for was the various categories of airport access on an airport ID card. I was expecting trick questions along the lines of “on what date was EU rule 1234/567 approved?”, but there was nothing like that.

The training was no worse than expected, except that you have to go through the list of unacceptable items, item by item, four separate times.

LFMD, France

Honestly, 2 months later, i do not remember much of the training 😅

Last Edited by jeff64 at 27 Jul 06:12
LFBZ, France
89 Posts
Sign in to add your message