Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advantages of Schengen - Croatia to join next year

I will celebrate this by flying direct to Varazdin for a coffee with @Emir.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Congrats !

@Emir can start using the concession outbound as of 1 Jan 2023 (or now )
Inbound, I will wait for him to probe and report

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Dec 20:31
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Well, the Dutch/Austrians did it for them so there was no need…

Biggin Hill

Outcome as expected Croatia joins 2023 – Romania and Bulgaria rejected for now. But still great news for GA pilots inside Schengen as well as Croatian pilots.

THY
EKRK, Denmark

Thanks everybody, this is really a big step for Croatia. The economic benefits of easier people movement will definitely be visible in tourism.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Which sources of tourism would open up?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Which sources of tourism would open up?

Easier crossing the border will trigger more people to come. The majority of tourists in Croatia come from Schengen area and majority of them come by car.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I will celebrate this by flying direct to Varazdin for a coffee with @Emir.

It seems we’ll have to wait for spring to come for that because implementation of Schengen regime at the airports will start in March 2023. I still have to check if this applies only to CAT or to GA as well.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

March is about the right time to organize a fly-in. Thanks for picking up the organization Emir!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Emir wrote:

Easier crossing the border will trigger more people to come. The majority of tourists in Croatia come from Schengen area and majority of them come by car.

The airport in Portorož lies close to the Slovenian-Croatian border. During my trip to Croatia a few years ago there was an about 3 km long queue of cars waiting to enter Croatia as we were returning to the airport from Piran. The airport courtesy car took a detour through minor roads to avoid the congestion and the driver told us that it was always like that during the tourist season.

So no doubt the tourist industry in Croatia will benefit from the Schengen membership.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message