Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advantages of Schengen - Croatia to join next year

Peter wrote:

They do get a good % of Germany/Austria going there on nice days, but only in the summer.

and Italy. Whenever I visit LDLO there seem a number of I-reg too.

LSZK, Switzerland

Congrats Emir!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Congrats to everybody in the Schengen area, I would say!

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

I wondered what this was about (posts moved from an unrelated thread) so I looked at the news:

Croatia to join Schengen but Bulgaria, Romania bids rejected

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Croatia to join Schengen but Bulgaria, Romania bids rejected

Apparently vetoed by the Dutch. At least that is what Bulgarian Media are saying.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

And Rumania vetoed by Austria

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

This old chap must be having a laugh – the one about friends and enemies

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If I want to be honest, as someone who is a lot in Bulgaria and loves the country and it’s people, they absolutely need to get their affairs in order. So I can sort of understand that a country which has been unable to form a government since the April 21 elections, having done 4 of them since then. So in practice, while there are caretaker governments, the country has been ungovernable as no majority can be established to form a government. This situation has been going on for way too long. I can understand why some EU countries are reluctant to offer Bulgaria ascension to anything at the moment, let alone Schengen.

Clearly I had hopes that they would sort themselves out sufficiently for that to happen, as it would have made travel to BG easier for GA and in general and it would have opened up the very attractive GA scene with lots of lovely GA Airports to intra Schengen flights. So it is a big disappointment that their politicians can’t get their act together.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

So I can sort of understand that a country which has been unable to form a government since the April 21 elections, having done 4 of them since then. So in practice, while there are caretaker governments, the country has been ungovernable as no majority can be established to form a government. This situation has been going on for way too long.

By that definition the home of the EU – Belgium – is a failed state. See various Wikipedia and news articles.

Oh and congrats @Emir et.al. !

Last Edited by 172driver at 08 Dec 18:32

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Apparently vetoed by the Dutch. At least that is what Bulgarian Media are saying.

The Swedish government had said previously that it would veto at least Bulgaria and Romania, but surprisingly it did not.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message