Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Advantages of Schengen - Croatia to join next year

IMHO, yes. No need to wait until March.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

C210_Flyer wrote:

The question is can I leave Hungary as of Jan ’23 if I am flying to Brac since they are now fully part of the EU without having to clear Hungarian Immigration?

It depends on Hungarian side and you have to check with them. Officially, as per link I posted earlier in this thread, you can’t because March 26, 2023 is the date set by EU commission for all EU countries to apply Schengen regime towards Croatia in air traffic.

Last Edited by Emir at 04 Jan 07:56
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Reading the text, you are probably right. My thinking was that if the delay applied for air travel is due to Croatia still having to adjust airport infrastructure, etc., then it wouldn’t make sense to apply the same delay on the non-Croatian end of the flight…

But better to err on the side of caution for the moment. The 26th of March is near.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks You’re correct March is near.

KHTO, LHTL

Emir’s report on LDLO in our airport database states

Immigration and police remain at the airport regardless joining Schengen, so good news for those arriving from outside the area after March 26 2023.

which is brilliant news!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Immigration and police remain at the airport regardless joining Schengen, so good news for those arriving from outside the area after March 26 2023.

Same applies for Brac LDSB. Which means that all Croatian airports that used to be international will keep this status with immigration and customs available AD HR after March 23 2023. This was to be expected for bigger ones because of lot of flights from non-Schengen countries, especially during summer season. LDLO and LDSB come as a bonus and those two are the most important for international GA.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I checked with Slovenian police whether they have any objections on landing directly from Croatia to e.g. LJBL without cleaning immigration at LJLJ. Their reply was as same the one from Croatian police: March 26, 2023 is the date set by EU commission for all EU countries to apply Schengen regime towards Croatia in air traffic, before that date everything remains as it is.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
107 Posts
Sign in to add your message