Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Depsite his numerous promises, Macron instated yesterday two categories of citizens over 12 : the good and the ugly

Well, not the first time, he, ahem…, changes his mind
And he still thinks he can be re-elected…

LFOU, France

Just read in the paper here that France is recognising vaccination certificates internally, for admission to certain places.

The UK was absolutely not going to do that but yesterday it was announced that businesses (e.g. clubs) can do it if they want to.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

And yet 1million people made appointments on Doclib for the vaccine since President Macron made his announcement at 8.00pm last night. His aim to persuade everyone in France to get vaccinated has started well. And if you believe that the vaccine is the only think which can slow or even halt this vaccine, that’s got to be a good thing, whether or not he gets re-elected

France

Not sure how the Macron thing will work out. I suspect it will go the way of the Loi Toubon (the law back in the 90s that was supposed to make any public use of English illegal). The idea is very sound but I doubt it will work out in practice.

One big problem (which affects me) is recognition of vaccination outside France. For the moment that is being completely ignored – just did some web searching and as of now nobody knows anything about it. The only solution is to get revaccinated in France!

I suspect that and a zillion other details will derail the plan before it becomes reality.

LFMD, France

I’m not sure I understand. Having had my 2 vaccines I have both a French health pass and a European health pass.
I think the government’s thinking was that the fact that tests, both PCR and the other one have been free has deterred people from spending their time getting the vaccine. So keeping the vaccines free and making them easily available whilst making a charge for tests will encourage more people to get out of their apathy and get the jab.
They have also proposed to make it mandatory for care workers to be jabbed.
As you say, how many of the announcements get taken into law is yet to be seen.

Last Edited by gallois at 13 Jul 15:33
France

Peter wrote:

he UK was absolutely not going to do that but yesterday it was announced that businesses (e.g. clubs) can do it if they want to.

That doesn’t need an announcement really. Business (particularly hospitality and licenced premises) generally reserve the right of admission, so they can require a vaccine certificate for entry if they want, just like they can require masks, or a dress code, or pink socks.

My guess is that larger chains with a media image to think of will be more likely to implement requirements of some sort (whether masks or vaccinations) and small businesses will be much less likely to unless they are owned by high-viz jacket types.

EGLM & EGTN

There were dark threats from various human rights / equality / nondiscrimination bodies that any internal use of vacc status will be illegal. Presumably the govt had legal advice before recommending that these businesses implement exactly that.

It is more complicated when it comes to employment. There is a huge amount of stuff which cannot be used when selecting candidates. The UK still has not mandated vaccination for hospital and care home workers, despite thousands of deaths and widespread anti-vacc in these establishments.

Probably, people need to be given an incentive to get vaccinated. The younger people are refusing:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

Walking along the beach, mist, with just a slight air movement off the sea, I passed a guy was vaping.
When he exhaled, the cloud stayed at head height, expanded in a cone, and was discernable for at least 4 metres.

Now you should try to recreate that using different types of masks and take pictures of the result.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Now you should try to recreate that using different types of masks and take pictures of the result.

Unfortunately that would not show a lot: Liquid droplets from that vapor are orders of magnitude bigger than viruses. So even a tissue in front of the mouth would eliminate the vaping cloud – but is not effective against viruses

Germany

Airborne_Again wrote:

The seasonal flu as well as the seasonal norovirus disappeared more or less instantly when Covid-19 hygiene measures were implemented i Sweden in March last year. At that time virtually no one used masks here – it was all about washing hands, cleaning surfaces and keeping a distance.

No wonder that masks didn’t stop Norovirus. It’s not an airborne disease and washing hands and cleaning surfaces is exactly the way to make it stop.

EDQH, Germany
Sign in to add your message