Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

Some of the side effects of Pfizer are not that bad apparently

Edit: on a second thought, does this also affect males?

Last Edited by LeSving at 09 Jul 11:33
The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

ROFL! Well, not that I can tell so far.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

LeSving wrote:

on a second thought, does this also affect males?

Sure! Just look around! All these nice looking, eh, things around, how can this not affect males??

Until now I thought this was just normal spring rise of hormone level, you know, naturally, the kind of why women look better in spring and sommer; But how good to get educated information here in this forum!

On a second thought: how did you find that homepage?

Last Edited by UdoR at 09 Jul 11:43
Germany

In an effort to help a friend who stranded at LGW this morning with valid documents (NHS pass, 2 AZ vaccinations, 1 PCR Test) and was refused bording of their flight on the grounds that one AZ batch (first of two) was in a banned batch number from India) I was in touch with some of the people responsible for exactly these kind of things. What vaccines are reckognized and why, who takes the decisions to put batches on ban lists (which appear to be bogus but caused lots of travellers their flights) and so on.

It turns out that the incident at LGW was fully the fault of the check in organisation, which had faulty information. The main trouble is, that there is simply too much FUD spread around by papers and others so that in the end, totally bogus information lands on lists which do real harm.

The rumour mills are running at turbine speeds at the moment for what I understand. Apparently the 3-batch ban was one of those, which would have been nullified in any case by the valid PCR test, another one apperas to be that Pfizer vaccines may be taken of the approved vaccine lists for travel (as well as AZ) due to insufficient protection from infection with the Delta variant. Apparently the current question asked by European health agencies is, whether the vaccines approval for travel should be based on how well they protect from infection rather than severe illness or hospitalisation and death, in which case, double vaccined people who have less than an 80% protection from infection will no longer be able to travel. Obviously that would bring the whole airline industry to a grinding stop, as the only vaccine which does that apparently is Moderna.

I’ve always been one to advocate caution in this mess and been outspoken for strict rules and regs. But these rules and regs need to be set and can not be written in pencil and turned over every 2nd day. Airport and other staff can’t base their decisions about go/no go on newspaper rumours, which when taken into scrutiny are not true but which somehow find their way into the alert systems.

This whole thing is simply not professional. But what it does show is, that insecurity and misinformation has reached a really frightening point, where it is REALLY up to the state governments to put into place organisations and reference material which stands the test of practice.

I heard from people at ZRH that so far about 800 people have been rejected on the grounds of Covid documentation mishaps, some were able to rectify those by a quick test at the airport, most lost their flights. Sorry, this is not acceptable, particularly on an European level. If Europe can’t get their requirements for airline travel synchronized so that every single check in desk in the EU and dealing with flights to/from the EU has the SAME information, travellers will sooner or later start swamping the airlines and the said organisations with compensation claims.

AFAIK the UK is not doing anything different for those batch numbers. It must be some foreign airline, refusing boarding. Which one?

The vaccine is fine.

The rest is FUD, IMHO.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

as the only vaccine which does that apparently is Moderna.

Is there a difference in between Biontech/Pfizer and Moderna, which both are mRNA vaccines, with regards to effectiveness? Is this regarding infection rate for the delta variant? I thought not, but would be interesting to know. Here in Germany Biontech/Pfizer is used far more often than Moderna.

Germany

Peter wrote:

AFAIK the UK is not doing anything different for those batch numbers. It must be some foreign airline. Which one?

The rest is FUD, IMHO.

The claim was that the destination (Malta) refuses entry for people having been vaccined by these 3 batch numbers. By the looks of what they have found out so far after spending several frustrating hours after the refusal, the information is incorrect and based on FUD.

UdoR wrote:

Is this regarding infection rate for the delta variant?

Yes. I don’t believe a word of it so far, but the way that these restrictions have been popping up and going away, often several times per week, would not surprise me. Fact is: Incidence figures are way up, across the board and responsible for this is the Delta variant. However, as i understand it, so far the criterion was not whether a vaccine can prevent infection, but severe illness and all that, which all of them do. If that changes, it comes at an extremely inconvenient moment and counters everything claimed before.

Mooney_Driver wrote:

another one apperas to be that Pfizer vaccines may be taken of the approved vaccine lists for travel (as well as AZ) due to insufficient protection from infection with the Delta variant

??? The Pfizer vaccine has been shown to be highly effective against the delta variant.

Andreas IOM

UdoR wrote:

how did you find that homepage?

LOL

The story was in fact in the news this morning (cucumber time). That, and google

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Turns out the Maltese government has really banned people with a certain batch of AZ vaccine.

Entry will not be allowed if the vaccine batch on your certificate is from one of the following: 4120Z001, 4120Z002, 4120Z003. We are clarifying with the Maltese authorities why these have been deemed not valid for entry.

So the staff at LGW had the correct information but nobody else had it. Also means that a sizable number of Britons now have worthless certificates for travel, at least to Malta. But it is unclear if other countries will follow that example, rumour has it also France does not accept thiese 3 batches.

Sign in to add your message