Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Corona / Covid-19 Virus - General Discussion (politics go to the Off Topic / Politics thread)

I am saddened swiss politicians aren’t better than french ones Same story here.

I don’t expect anyone to be prosecuted for this. Otherwise they would have already been for their previous lies.
And our judges are busy taking down the minister of Justice so this will have to wait

LFOU, France

I am saddened swiss politicians aren’t better than french ones

Perhaps you need a woman to bring down the unwanted one… worked quite well here

Maybe not in France, however…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I don’t think Macron will be taken down for a woman

LFOU, France

From Avweb. FAA Medic.
“But AMEs have been told to be on the lookout for those who develop issues weeks or months after their COVID-19 diagnosis because the symptoms can be disqualifying. “Manifestations include dysfunction of the cardiovascular, respiratory, renal (kidney), or neurological systems,” Northrup wrote. “You should report mental health symptoms (‘brain fog,’ depression, anxiety) or other symptoms such as fatigue, shortness of breath, cough, chest pain, headache, fever, loss of smell or taste, dizziness when standing, joint or muscle pains, or chest pain to your AME.”

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

Maoraigh wrote:

“You should report mental health symptoms (‘brain fog,’ depression, anxiety) or other symptoms such as fatigue, shortness of breath, cough, chest pain, headache, fever, loss of smell or taste, dizziness when standing, joint or muscle pains, or chest pain to your AME.”

Knowing the FAA medical system, no one will do that voluntarily, as they know it will mean $$$$$$$ (many AMU) and potentially years to get your medical back.

Andreas IOM

Same in any aviation medical system

If the ECG does not reveal it, and it probably won’t, and there was no hospital admission, nobody will disclose it.

Only on a C1 initial they get your GP record routinely.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mooney_Driver wrote:

Well, with the same kind of argumentation you may well argue that seatbelts in cars make people drive reckless (or airbags) or that parashutes on planes cause people to fly recklessly and cause accidents. But would you advocate forbidding them? I don’t think so…

The difference is that the safety benefits with seatbelts and airbags are very evident from both accident statistics and crash tests. Even with correct use, the safety benefit of masks in relation to Covid-19 is small.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Well, with the same kind of argumentation you may well argue that seatbelts in cars make people drive reckless (or airbags)

That argument has been made. One name to Google is that of John Adams. He argues that much of the potential benefits from seatbelts were partially offset by people driving faster, and that the roads have become more dangerous for pedestrians and cyclists since they were introduced.

These days it’s fairly hard to kill yourself in a car. People walk away from extraordinary antics. So the benefits of crumple zones and seatbelts and airbags outweigh risk compensation, at least for car occupants. Perhaps most people underestimate how effective modern cars are at protecting them.

How much safer do masks make you feel? If you are getting so worked up about them I suspect the answer is ‘quite a lot’. If this answer is true for many people, then it is reasonable ask how their availability is likely to change people’s behaviour, and in all probability the answer is also ‘quite a lot’.

As an extreme example, an anaesthetist might wear an ffp3 mask to intubate a patient they didn’t expect to survive. Without the mask they might not take the risk.

If masks are very effective then… Great. But if people overestimate their effectiveness then the potential for harm is real.

Last Edited by kwlf at 07 Jul 20:04

kwlf wrote:

How much safer do masks make you feel? If you are getting so worked up about them I suspect the answer is ‘quite a lot’. If this answer is true for many people, then it is reasonable ask how their availability is likely to change people’s behaviour, and in all probability the answer is also ‘quite a lot’.

Thanks to the French obligatory stance wrt masks in shopping areas, I reckon over half the people i come across in the supermarket here think wearing a mask means they are totally protected against C19… Social distancing? Sanitizing hands? gallic shrug Im wearing a mask….

For anybody planning international travel, this interactive Kayak website may be handy. You can enter the country from which you are traveling and easily determine the remaining CV-19 restrictions if any on entry to any other country worldwide. I assume the data will be updated promptly as they get new information.

Sign in to add your message