Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Climate change

@Airborne_again

Interesting how building practices differ! I would say that in Sweden it is would be very unusual (if it happens at all) to glue such a thin wood layer directly on concrete. Normally you would have much thicker wood (at least 7 mm, more likely something like 13 mm), you would have a damping layer of e.g. foam plastic between the concrete and the wood and you would not glue the wood in place.

I didn’t catch the 3-4mm so my reply was misleading.

It’s concrete and on top is „screed“ or „cast plaster floor“ (german word is „estrich“), on top of that a hardwood floor is glued on (no air pockets, so floor heating is more efficient).

Our hardwood floor is oak parquette and ~18mm thick.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 08 Nov 15:49
always learning
LO__, Austria

LeSving wrote:

Greta is criticized for antidemocratic views …

This is not only a “Greta problem”, but a widespread mindset in the FoF movement. Many of their frontrunners believe they are so much more clever than average population that democracy has to stand back to implement what they want. One of the German poster girls of that movement said that literally on TV.

Germany

Malibuflyer wrote:

One of the German poster girls of that movement said that literally on TV.

Some of them were labled “eco-fascists” after that event. While that may well be over the top, democracy is certainly only on their mind until they are in power.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Here is some excellent perspective on global climate in a larger perspective – by climate researchers and with lots of papers linked. Free of political/religious nonsense. This shows how little we actually know about these things, as well as the rather counter intuitive cause-effect at play.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

How to Kill our Planet, the faster the better…

The outrageous situation outlined in another thread is one very serious matter. A grand and final fireworks would be no doubt a quick and effective way of destroying most of the Planet…

Another way, albeit slightly slower, is what we have been doing to our Planet… and will continue to do, as we accelerate the pace by the minute.

One of the many eye opener is the movie Planet of the Humans. It was produced by Jeff Gibbs and Michael Moore.
Viewable here https://planetofthehumans.com
or here

as well as on other sites.
A direct download is available for instance here Planet of the Humans movie

Tackling some of the same subjects, an interesting book by fellow aviator George Erickson is titled Unintended Consequences. It is dowloadable for free on his website TundraCub, or by direct download Unintended Consequences and is also available on Amazon for either a pay for Kindle or paper version.

Enough material to keep one’s brain cells agitated for some time

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

What is the connex with GA? If none, chuck it somewhere else.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

i agree. No context to GA or even aviation.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I’d say it is on the same level as this thread Russian war in the Ukraine

And if you don’t see GA endangered by this kind of stuff, there might some different opinions here…

PS
Peter or other mod, please feel free to delete this thread if unsuitable. Anyone will draw their own conclusions…

Last Edited by Dan at 29 Mar 17:30
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

It’s OK for Hangar Talk but probably same as the Climate Change thread.

I haven’t seen the movie but the reviews are highly variable.

I could merge the two.

[ done ]

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Sensible, and yes, please go ahead my side. Once more thanks for your dedication Peter!
Would have posted there assuming I had recalled that thread…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message