Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR into Toussus LFPN

There is Lille (LFQQ) with 15min + 1h TGV to Gare du Nord, I just use it for UK this weekend
LeBourget is 500€ for 2h parking and 950€ for 2 days

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Sep 06:30
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

There is Lille (LFQQ) with 15min + 1h TGV to Gare du Nord

LeBourget is 500€ for 2h parking and 950€ for 2 days

Or EGKB! :) And then a short taxi drive to Ashford International.

EGTR

Haha, it’s a tourist trap London-Biggin to London-Ashford

Well I need 45min taxi from Toussus or 90min from Pontoise or 45min train to LeBourget, at least Lille TGV is quick & Lille airport can be flown in all times & all weather, there is mandatory 70€ handling at Lille and TGV is 30€

For UK trips to Toussus, solo I used Rouen (it helps if you tell ATC you are in a hurry, will check and clear you to you alternate), with family I use LeTouquet, the worst place to use is Beauvais, I had a funny adventure there and a friend had a bad one

Ibra wrote:

Haha, it’s a tourist trap London-Biggin to London-Ashford

Well I need 45min taxi from Toussus or 90min from Pontoise or 45min train to LeBourget, at least Lille TGV is quick & Lille airport can be flown in all times & all weather, there is mandatory 70€ handling at Lille and TGV is 30€

For UK trips to Toussus, solo I used Rouen (it helps if you tell ATC you are in a hurry, will check and clear you to you alternate), with family I use LeTouquet, the worst place to use is Beauvais, I had a funny adventure there and a friend had a bad one

I think if you need to LAND close to Paris, then it is LFPB (which is very expensive, and is a business aviation airport, not a true GA). Although taxi ride from LFPB to north-east Paris should be very quick.
Otherwise (if you need to GET to Paris quicker) – LFQQ, many people told me it is a nice airport for GA a/c. And the TGV to the central Paris.

@ibra, is my understanding correct that for all Paris GA airports the commute takes a long time be that train or taxi? 45min you say is the shortest?

EGTR

I do Pontoise (if my next destination is back to the UK, or Netherlands or Germany) or Toussus (if going southward) about 10 times a year coming from the UK. Rouen is by far the easiest and fastest Customs/Douane stop. I’ve never tried Le Bourget. Everything is a bit more relaxed at Pontoise, but you have to taxi to the pump and restart instead of getting (usually very quickly) the fuel truck at Toussus. The views at Toussus though, especially for westbound IFR arrivals, are worth getting a PPLIR for.

Last Edited by denopa at 15 Sep 08:56
EGTF, LFTF

arj1 wrote:

is my understanding correct that for all Paris GA airports the commute takes a long time be that train or taxi? 45min you say is the shortest?

Depends where are you going but if you aim to be in center quickly the only choice is Issy-Les-Moulineaux (LFPI) in helicopters…

That’s a shame but wouldn’t mind stopping elsewhere for clearing customs. If I ever visit Paris.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I’ve never had the pleasure of flying in France, but watched a video of someone who went to Saint-Cyr (LFPZ) this summer. Looks like it is day VFR only with about 890m of grass and close to Versailles with RER connection to Paris in a little over 30min. Could not find any information about landing fees or parking.

Derek
Stapleford (EGSG), Denham (EGLD)

LFPZ is a nice little field and is better for central Paris than Toussus mainly due to the size of the airfield (ie at Toussus walking to the airfield gates from the parking area can be quite some distance.And walking along the main road to a bus stop, hair raising). You need to really plan to get in and out of LFPZ by air if you don’t know the area well because of the CAS, above, mostly A and the visual reference points.
Last time I was there it was a club get together and I don’t recall paying a landing fee but it might be worth giving them a call before deciding to go there.
Paris has been extending the tram system in the south of the city but I don’t know how close they have come to Toussus, Pointoise or St Cyr l’ecole yet.
To the east of Paris I have been told that Lognes has good connections into the city.

France

derek wrote:

Could not find any information about landing fees or parking.

StCyr (LFPZ) & Lognes(LFPL) have 15min walk to 30min train RER connections to Paris center but they are not C+I and are VFR only, Lognes is still practical for IFR: you can join or cloud-break in Melun or LeBourget (you stay low at 600ft agl tough)

In both you land & park & depart and there is plenty of parking space, I never paid anything in both, never received any invoice or got a reply (there is LeBourget phone number that you can use to settle the fee but it seems they don’t care or bother cashing your cheques)

pilotrobbie wrote:

If I ever visit Paris.

As denopa said, it’s worth it just for that ILS25 at Toussus coming on a westbound track

Sign in to add your message