Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Pic of the day… impromptu, absolutely unofficial, and almost classified mini EuroGA fly-in at LESL Sant Luis on Menorca today. Great stuff

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Indeed unofficial Dan, and I will do my best to use any influence I have to minimize the number of whippings you will receive from Peter when you meet next for not having announced it. Folks, it seems as if Dan has opened a scheduled service from Switzerland to Spain. Do call him for a seat. In case of non-stop service you may have to sit on a bladder tank though.

I suppose I was the only ‘proper, safe and certified’ one today amidst all you anarchistic experimentals.. But wow, your group of Van’s are really amazing.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Best I can do for now

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Best I can do for now

How come?

EGTR

Not been going very far lately due to some minor hassles, but all sorted out.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Pic of the day… base turning finals @ LEBE Beas de Segura. Big flight school there.
Enquired some, as felt alone in the known universe… guess what, all those IR aspiring pilot were grounded due to lo vis and clouds. All translates to more space (read 3 dimensional airspace) for all us VFR guys humming around

Last Edited by Dan at 15 Feb 22:24
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

of course I mixed up the pic above, and though coming from LEBE, this is base to finals @ LERE Requena… thanks @Silvaire

Last Edited by Dan at 16 Feb 06:09
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

all those IR aspiring pilot were grounded due to lo vis and clouds

Huh!?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Yes, the flight schools here are pretty well extreme VFR only. And X-wind averse. You sometimes wonder if some freshly minted RHS A-320 boys or girls have even seen the inside of a cloud.

Last Edited by aart at 16 Feb 17:36
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Yes, the flight schools here are pretty well extreme VFR only. And X-wind averse. You sometimes wonder if some freshly minted RHS A-320 boys or girls have even seen the inside of a cloud.

It depends on country? in UK, flying on higher weather minima you are likely grounded the whole year

Now in Spain, it’s lovely and sunny the whole year and when there is one single cloud, do you really want to go inside with dew point = 40C?

Here is CAVOK with one cloud in Spain, it’s naked CB, it’s huge !

Last Edited by Ibra at 16 Feb 18:10
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message