Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

aart wrote:

Folks, it seems as if Dan has opened a scheduled service from Switzerland to Spain.

And it shows (again) impressively that you can do serious international long distance travelling VFR – in winter – even with non certified Experimentals

@Dan – at which point did you coast out towards Menorca and what is your survival equipement for the over water legs? I guess it is somewhat different from your cross Atlantic journey. What altitude did you fly at?

Last Edited by europaxs at 17 Feb 08:41
EDLE

what is your survival equipement for the over water legs? I guess it is somewhat different from your cross Atlantic journey

My vague guess: one pice bikini for Spain vs immersion suit for NAT?

Last Edited by Ibra at 17 Feb 09:02
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Pic of the day… impromptu, absolutely unofficial, and almost classified mini EuroGA fly-in at LESL Sant Luis on Menorca today.

Very nice. I recognise here my hangar’s neighbour and the most famous RV of Yverdon LSGY!
Mike an Dan, feel free to share more pictures and feedback about your trip!

BOD
LSGY, LFSP, LFHM, Switzerland

@europaxs
Well, this one was a fly-out published for a small group of homebuilts, mainly from my field, a month ago… the only thing we mentioned were the dates (and reserve dates a week later), and the place, as in LEMU Muchamiel, for base.
5 aircraft joined in, 1ea: BX-2 Cherry & Pulsar & RV-8 & RV-10 & RV-6.9i.

Day 1 was used for all to join in at LEMU.
Day 2 was a common fly-out for lunch to Menorca LESL combined with a meet-up with some popular other EuroGA members We all flew a similar route, following the northern coast of Ibiza/Majorca/Menorca on the way out, and the southern coasts on the way back, coasting out around the city of Arenal, close to the Cap de Sant Marti, towards the TUTOT intersection, initially at 3’000 or so just below a cloud cover, then at 1’000 or below to comply with the airspace restrictions, and to have a better view of the ground features. AFAIK only @Aart and myself had life rafts on top of live vests we all were wearing.
Day 3 was individual routings, but a common lunch at LEBE Beas de Segura.
Day 4 was return home day, again, we all flew kinda different routes. The Cherry, the Pulsar, and the -10 went direct to France for a refuel/defuel stop, coast following, whilst the -8 and myself stopped again for “cheap” MOGAS (€1.84/l compared to €3.00/l for AVGAS) at LECN Castellon, before heading towards the Pyrenees, and then home.

Trip stats: 11 sectors, 22:06 flight time, loads of fun, good weather most of the time

Pic of day 2… if not mistaken (…) the Illa Bledes off the North coast of Menorca

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

and now making amends… THIS is the picture of LEBE Beas de Segura

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

the Isla Grosa, off LELC Murcia San Javier

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

approaching LEAM Almeria… a sea of green houses…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

ALC Alicante crossing, behind a RYR on short finals, @1.5Kft

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

last pic guys… guess I don’t need no label for this one… another tempting slot of sort

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan, you’re just doing what most of us dream of I must confess being a bit envious
Anyway, please go on posting that!!

Last Edited by europaxs at 17 Feb 10:39
EDLE
Sign in to add your message