Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

@Dan
Nice picture of the aletch glacier.
I went snowboarding a lot in Fiesch, its kind of like a second home for me.
At work i like flying to bgy of any route southbound past ODINA, there i get a nice view or the glacier on my side of the cockpit

EBZW, Belgium

This thing got put up overnight, without the required authorisation, largely surpassing the announced 10M height… Airfield had to close by NOTAM because of it, compromise has been found where the site manage will pull the thing down for the weekend now and then put it back up on Monday… Ballache…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

LFHNflightstudent wrote:

This thing got put up overnight, without the required authorisation,

I mostly find the NOTAMs for towers a waste of time to read, but this one is another story! It must be fun with the boom facing the other direction. I see on my FF LFHN is now NOTAM’ed closed.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and the Whitehall office complex. This shows clearly that “10 Downing Street” is just one entrance to a vast office space. Downing Street is just behind the circular open space near the top in the middle. You can reach “No 10” from an entrance on Whitehall, to the right. I know because once I went to a meeting there, but certainly wasn’t allowed in the front door.

LFMD, France

eurogaguest1980 wrote:

I mostly find the NOTAMs for towers a waste of time to read, but this one is another story! It must be fun with the boom facing the other direction. I see on my FF LFHN is now NOTAM’ed closed.

As you can see, it’s a displaced threshold on a good day (RWY 18) with a downslope of 30ft over 550m of LDA – it’s interesting in a Comanche. As you say, that boom facing the other way, you’re not landing…

Go arounds on an uphill RWY equally interesting with that thing in the way…

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and the Whitehall office complex. This shows clearly that “10 Downing Street” is just one entrance to a vast office space. Downing Street is just behind the circular open space near the top in the middle. You can reach “No 10” from an entrance on Whitehall, to the right. I know because once I went to a meeting there, but certainly wasn’t allowed in the front door.

I guess in helicopters they have to stick to published Thames routes rather than bimble around?

2 years ago above in London, probably the only justification to ever fly twins, the other one is crossing Atlantic…

PS: hard to fly there while explaining to Mrs how to measure lateral distance to Shard on SkyDemon

Last Edited by Ibra at 19 Nov 16:28
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Do me a favour and get some pics of Cervinia.

Here you go… didn’t post it since there are some reflections in the pic, nevertheless Cervinia is visible, not much snow yet… as a thread drift, did a 9 day trek (yes, on foot) around the Matterhorn a few years back. Overnighted at Cervinia, then walked the slopes over to Zermatt the next day. Whilst people were friendly enough, the place and area are horrible. Hopefully nicer with a thick white blanket in the winter.

Last Edited by Dan at 19 Nov 16:58
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

I guess in helicopters they have to stick to published Thames routes rather than bimble around?

In a single engine, like this R44, yes. I believe twins can go where they want, because they’re so much safer – just ask the patrons of the Clutha.

Full story of the flight here: http://n5296s.blogspot.com/2016/05/flying-london-helicopter-routes.html

LFMD, France

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Ahh, awesome.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain
Sign in to add your message