Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Downwind over the city of Como about to turn base for the seaplane base “runway” 01.

EDLE, Netherlands

One of my favorite ‘landing runway’! You turn base pointing towards the train station then final pointing to the left of the football stadium and overfly the club’s hangar on short final. Great picture of it by the way!

ENVA, Norway

When my photo software suffers spatial disorientation

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Racing against a SR22 (and losing..)

But I could win against a YAK!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

First flight in my plane out of Cannes/Mandelieu (LFMD), finally. By the time I figured out how to work the fuel pump, it was only minutes from sunset. I just had time to go once round the pattern and remind myself that I’ve forgotten how to make decent landings in my own plane :-(. It did give me a chance to get a very pretty sunset photo though.

LFMD, France

Nice pic.
Last time I landed for fuel at LFMD, it took me several hours to get somebody to work the fuel pump, and I ended up diverting to Biggin Hill in pitch black One of my longest days…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Fuel is self service but good luck figuring out how to work the pumps!

LFMD, France

Congrats @johnh ! Things are at last getting in order for your flying. Your effort starts to pay off.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

From my heli flight over Heathrow a few years back… we had held for a couple of minutes for the arriving Air Canada 767 that is halfway down the runway. Holding in a heli is a lot simpler than holding in fixed wing! Pull the cyclic back and wait.

Last Edited by johnh at 14 Nov 23:13
LFMD, France

San Francisco and Alcatraz shortly before sunset, from about 2000 feet. The well-known bridge is just off to the right.

LFMD, France
Sign in to add your message