Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Not obviously a flying photo, but I promise it is. Flying (quite legally) UNDER the Golden Gate Bridge in a helicopter. The deck is 200’ AGL, so there is plenty of room. Just watch out for giant container ships coming the other way!

LFMD, France

This one is from a flight one year ago, don’t ask me which peaks are there, it is taken southwest of Innsbruck. We went into the alps for sightseeing and back, without landing due to Covid situation. I never did that before, but it is so sad that now, one year later, the “big picture” hasn’t changed that much, and I still could find myself doing such a flight without landing, due to the same reason.

Germany

Yes; it will have been a very long 2 years, and even then there won’t be much of a change. You are fortunate to be able to do this easily; for us in GB it is a 7hr trip if nonstop

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

for us in GB it is a 7hr trip if nonstop

Yes I’ve followed your incredible trips. For me it’s one flight hour to be above Innsbruck but still, I very much preferred to land somewhere there.

Germany

pics of the day… the North face of the Eiger, a glimpse of the Matterhorn & Mt. Blanc, and descending the remains of the Aletsch Glacier towards the Rhône Valley.

Last Edited by Dan at 18 Nov 17:17
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

pics of the day…

Now we know why Dan keeps his canopy so clean! Beautiful photos, Dan. You really capture the feeling.

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Really nice Dan, keep them coming.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

thanks guys! Gotta have hundreds of Alps pictures, and though no other day is the same, the playground is… still
Today was special in that the “Flatlands” region of Zurich where I live, pilots had been stuck under the usual, for the winter season, low stratus aka fog, for almost a week… imagine, a full 7 days of no flying! Any idea how hard that is? Really?

Nevertheless, today the skies opened, at least over those Flatlands. The day was special in that, a weather phenomenon I only witnesses a couple of times before, the Jura and Flatlands were in the clear, whilst the whole Rhine valley from Lake Constanz down to Disentis, and the whole Rhone valley including Sion LSGS were stuck in the murk… at last they also know what it looks like

PS Mickey
Hope we can join tomorrow for more

Last Edited by Dan at 18 Nov 19:28
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Do me a favour and get some pics of Cervinia. I can tell you which slopes Start at the Matterhorn glacier paradise and a 280 track from there gets most of it

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Dan wrote:

Hope we can join tomorrow for more

I’m ready!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message