Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

The last flight of the season, chasing fake horizons on sunset between Chartres & Dieppe

Last Edited by Ibra at 11 Dec 18:57
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

This morning flight was great. I planned a sun rise flight from Cannes to Barcelonette then Cannes, and only overfly LFMR as there is 10cm of snow on the runway. Finally Time was running and I decided to go back a bit earlier as the plane needed to be back at 9am.
Departing 7.30 30m before sun rise, I could admire a fantastic visibility with Cap Corse on my right and as far as Mont Ventoux on the left, more than 200km in both ways.

High temps are back here, Isa 0 for beginning of December, and 1028 to 1030 as QNH.

LFMD, France

J

Here is the Ventoux snowy peak (the farthest , the other one is « la montagne de Lure » ) below right aileron. I am over Val d’Allos ski resort , the Ventoux is Near Carpentras , roughly 150km west.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 16 Dec 13:17
LFMD, France

Nice groundspeed for a One Slowenty Two

always learning
LO__, Austria

With @jujupilote , Paris lights under full moon never gets old !

Last Edited by Ibra at 21 Dec 23:19
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

This was taken the other day, and while pretty good is not as detailed as this

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Mandelieu airport, my new home (flying wise anyway) from downwind for 17.

LFMD, France

Sunset from a PC12 on the ILS into EDLN

The Lignite burning Niederaußem power station, with Neurath and Frimmersdorf power stations in the distance

I’m fascinated by abandoned military infrastructure, especially world war 2 or cold war. This is the launch control centre of a cold war Nike anti-aircraft missile battery, all abandoned in the early 90’s. These are all over western Germany. And if you see one of these, then nearby you’ll also find…

The missile launch centre itself. Some of these kept nuclear tipped missiles at constant readiness, usually identifiable by the extra security (watch towers, extra high fencing etc).

EDLN/EDLF, Germany

This one caught miraculously playing with the GoPro Hero 10 in the cruise on the way to Germany.

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

@NinerEchoPapa
Interesting stuff, thanks

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message