Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Very nice

Where was this?

I flew over the Alps 2 days ago and there was very little snow over most of it. Flying back shortly, this time via SRN.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A few recent pictures.

!!

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

Where was this?

Somewhere along this route:

except last mountain picture which was between Lugano and Zurich

Peter wrote:

I flew over the Alps 2 days ago and there was very little snow over most of it

This was last weekend btw, I doubt a ton melted in 5 days. There only is in high altitudes.

I know a lot of people on here are into long distance touring; I often don’t get more than about 20nm from my home airfield! However, in the last two days I’ve been privileged enough to take 18 Air Cadets on their first light aircraft flights – they all loved it and hopefully some of them will stay around and be our next generation of GA pilots!

Now retired from forums best wishes

Flew to Zell am See, LOWZ, with two SR22’s yesterday. Just some random pics …

Some miles before descending into the Salzach Valley

I always fly a stabilized 15 miles final to “Whiskey” when going to LOWZ, because I don’t like the steep and fast descent via “November”, especially when there’s clouds

10 miles final. Most times I come from 8000 feet and fly a constant descent to “W” which is at 4000 ft

Long Final Approach

“Whiskey” at 4000 feet

LOWZ is my family Austrian airfield. The runway is only 580 m for landing, but that’s fine if you land on the numbers

Departure runway 08, you have to fly a left turn to the center of the lake (VRP “Lake”), then to “November” and stay at 3500, becasue the approaching traffic is at 4000, same route

Some pilots don’t like to fly close to the mountains (it’s closer on downwind 08), but I fly there since 1996

After “November” you normallx make a left turn and climb out via Lofer. A westerly heading is important to avoid the Salzburg CTR, I always fly towards Chiemsee

A little formation flying with my friend’s SR22 D-EUST on the way back

It’s hard to make good air to airs when you’re flying at the same time, but this one is pretty good, for my small compact camera anyway

And the other way round, my plane G-YORC over the Inn river, heading towards the Munich area

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 21 Jul 12:20

Very nice Flyer59!

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

Thank you very much LFHNflightstudent!

The calm after the storm: the scene after our biennial thunderstorm:

Andreas IOM

Solway Firth, on the southern border of Scotland while flying EGNC/Carlisle to Andreas:

Andreas IOM
Sign in to add your message