Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

Local bimble in the club’s trusty old Jodel D112 in the beginning of the week – possibly the hottest day of the year at 36°C.

The usual suspect for changing pilots and having a pause, LFGG Belfort-Chaux (or rather “Chaud” that day) is closed again by NOTAM to “outsiders” – as so many times this year already. Seems they don’t really like visitors. This time it’s probably due to the preparations for the Eurockéennes. Runway 18L blocked by a car, 18R by gliders.

So on we go to Montbéliard LFSM to have lunch in the shade of the tower. Good company for our plane on the tarmac in the meantime.

Pilot technique 1: If you haven’t really planned for taking a plane with a glas bubble on a day like this, you have to improvise… Who said that paper maps aren’t useful!

Pilot technique 2: Having finished the lunch also freed up another means of sun protection.

Pilot technique 3: Or you can try to climb to higher altitudes. Nearing the service ceiling of our plane at 4300 ft…

The city of Belfort with its closed airfield in the background

NOW I know what those paper charts are for!

Nice Aircraft, too.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I always have to go here ones or twice a year and drink a cup of coffee This was from last week.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Very nice….

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

My son and I last week for a coffee…

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

Lovely flight out and back to EGJB, stayed at the BW de Havelet where the restaurant was very good – good value and a nice location close to St Peter Port.

The crew of a Hawker 800 asked whether I wanted to swap. A lot of heavy iron these days in Guernsey, and yet handling was very good and very cheap.

Inbound near Alderney.

And returning with views of the north coast and Casquets lighthouse.

Dunsfold is always useful for keeping outside of the Gatwick zone

…and the QE Bridge gateway to Essex

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

@RobertL18C Nice photos! But am I the only one who cringes when I see a tailwheel on a parked plane in the “wrong” direction?

Rwy20 well spotted, but expect the handlers don’t park too many tail wheel aircraft. Would be nice to see them try and attach a tug.

I can’t recommend Guernsey highly enough – good ATC, IFR approaches, excellent handling, and the island is very friendly. 95p/litre with AOPA card.

Noe the third photo of the glacier shrouded in cloud is a really nice photo in a photographic sense. I enjoy the photos on the thread but occasionally a photo pops out as a pure photo.

Short trip to Speyer I did recently…

After take off at ZRH.

Singen

Black Forest landscape

In a 50 year old cockpit with GPSS, on autopilot and with a good moving map. That is how I enjoy flying.

Pforzheim

Base Leg at Speyer (EDRY)

Final at Speyer runway 16

We had a small fly in of the German Vatsim section. Nice folks.

Schoemberg im Schwarzwald

Lake Constance

Stein am Rhein. Lovely old town. In the river, as small monestary on an island.

Kloster Werd in the center, old town of Stein am Rhein on the bottom.

Untersee

Close encounter of the controlled kind. Emirates A380 taking off 16 while I am on approach 28.

Turning Final 28 at Zürich

Short final 28

She is old but she’s mine :).

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message