Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Random flying photos thread

Please state the location

@europax, yes I do confirm… a homebuilt is absolutely useless for international flying, and you cannot fly IFR with one, QED 🤣
@Ibra, of course, I used the whole of the 3’500m, and also the 45m width, since I pay for it. Came in from Granada LEGR, friendly and affordable but complicated (and hot) place…

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

@Europaxs, irony travels poorly on the internet, and in the interest of promoting Annex 1 to new people on EuroGA you might like to make fewer such statements.

It depends on the detail; Annex 1 is generally difficult in Europe in circumstances requiring IFR, high altitude (Mode S mandatory), permits, etc. So aircraft such as the Lancair Evolution – a PT6 turboprop which is great in the US – are much less useful in Europe. I recommend you to review the Evolution threads where the various matters are discussed in a constructive manner. Also check out the SFC (specific fuel consumption) of a PT6 at low altitudes. There are unsurprisingly very few (only 2 or 3) flying in Europe.

Dan flies an RV.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

irony travels poorly on the internet, and in the interest of promoting Annex 1 to new people on EuroGA you might like to make fewer such statements.

I was thinking, that anyone beeing on EuroGA for more than a week was perfectly aware who’s leg I was pulling…

EDLE

today’s pic… refueling at GMMI

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

okok, one more… Essaouira city 😎

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Nice 😀

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Dan wrote:

Dan18-Jun-24 22:02941
today’s pic… refueling at GMMI

Awesome adventure! Full report of Morocco when able, if you feel like it. Many thanks for this.

Did you check this establishment out btw:
https://maps.app.goo.gl/yhx5j7t9qSdiE1Ki9

europaxs wrote:

I was thinking, that anyone beeing on EuroGA for more than a week was perfectly aware who’s leg I was pulling…

They´ll get over it!

Last Edited by Yeager at 26 Jun 19:13
Socata Rallye MS.893E
Portugal

Did you check this establishment out btw

Nope, but we sure found another good one, deciding factor being the availability of a certain beverage named after “white house” in Spanish language…

Back home, post maintenance test flight of the day took me meandering the Alps… GVA cleared me FL150 for:
Monta Rosa massif (the Sahara sand has not only been deposited on every corner of my ride, but on the snow of the Alps too)

Sempiternal Cervinia/Matterhorn/Cervinio

and the Gd Combin

Last Edited by Dan at 27 Jun 18:11
Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Wow..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Awesome! That Mt Blanc pic looks like it was taken from about 18k feet?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message