Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek Airports (being sold to FRAPORT in Germany) and many new problems

This is only for FRAPORT Mykonos LGMK, Greece’s most busy airport in GA/BA during summer.
It came as a notice through one of the Handling Agent companies.

Well in practice, FRAPORT will not give PPR to light GA unless they just come for drop off/pick up and go and that in relatively rare occasions.
So this is more targeted towards the “high end” GA/BA but still it shows the “business” attitude.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Is that even legal to deny access into a public aerodrome, during operating hours, (because it that we are talking about when not given PPR) to proper registered aircrafts unless safety or traffic reasons prevail?

But from what I read above, they are not denying, rather increasing prices to an absurd level.

Last Edited by lmsl1967 at 12 Jul 11:14
LPSR, Portugal

lmsl1967 wrote:

But from what I read above, they are not denying, rather increasing prices to an absurd level.

Indeed.
If you want privacy and not waiting in the queue amongst public you pay more, thats what it is. It mainly targets private jets customers.

LGMG Megara, Greece

FRAPORT published their reduced (from the overly increased) prices for summer and that only for aircraft below 1200Kg MTOW.

It applies to 12 of their airports except 2, LGTS and LGRP.

Details at www.aopa.gr/Info bottom of paragraph 23.a

LGMG Megara, Greece

petakas wrote:

FRAPORT published their reduced (from the overly increased) prices for summer and that only for aircraft below 1200Kg MTOW.
It applies to 12 of their airports except 2, LGTS and LGRP.
Details at www.aopa.gr/Info bottom of paragraph 23.a

Have to get my plane into a diet program, maybe taking some oil off, get out some air from the tires, or fly with only one propeller blade to get 50 Kg out and spare 50 euros.
Fraport on their best, I have paid 67 euros for landing, handling and 2 days parking in Salzburg, they need to rethink seriously their approach.

LPSR, Portugal

hmm, ok, have i mentioned before that I love my M20C (MTOW1168kg)

But to be serious: Is that all now? What about handling fee, is that still on top of everything? For below 1.2 tons that would be a lot better than what we heard before.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

As stated before, IMHO this 1200kg thing is a move to make the local aeroclubs less likely to take legal action, while screwing all GA visitors to Greece.

Divide and rule…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
LGMG Megara, Greece

A pretty accurate article!

The problem is that Fraport don’t give a flying **** what people think about them.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@petakas – thanks for sharing! Sad but pretty true article.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message