Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Greek Airports (being sold to FRAPORT in Germany) and many new problems

The below is a free translated casual report that came from one of Kerkyra LGKR (Corfu) Aeroclub members.

Yesterday, the temporary restraining measures of our aeroclub against Fraport were processed at the local court. Before I tell you my impressions from the court of Corfu, I will convey the background of the trial.

Fraport’s lawyers in order for us to withdraw the claim they offered us:
1. Access cards to the airport apron for all members of the aeroclub board.
2. Issue of PPR directly from the airport’s duty manager without involving the handler and the relevant service charge.
3. Reduction of landing and parking fees to pre-April 1st price catalog.
The terms of 3., the charges, even these we cannot afford them and they are the reason of the legal action.

For a start I have to tell you that Fraport is preparing an electronic platform (what their COO promised almost a year ago to AOPA at their meeting) with which the operators will make the request for PPR straight to Fraport avoiding handler. Also with respect to charges, for ALL aircraft up to 1200 kg the landing fee will be reduced at € 50 plus VAT.

And we go now to the day of trial. In addition to the aeroclub lawyer, the lawyer of the municipality of Corfu wanted to make a strong contribution for the support and social part of the aeroclub to the citizens, as the only aircraft that is 365 days parked at the airport of Corfu that offers its services at every request from the island’s stakeholders and not only. The conclusion by all lawyers, even those who simply followed the trial, was very positive. Contrary to what Fraport’s attorneys objected to in the case, in a nutshell, the court judge fully understood the problem faced by our aeroclub from Fraport. The decision will come out in one month at the latest. I want to thank all those who helped financially with this effort. It was really moving. Individuals from the other side of the planet have deposited money that we did not even expect, nor will they personally benefit from this decision. Thank you all personally and know that this effort does not end here.

Now this input is from me.
As I’ve heard, Thessaloniki (LGTS) Aeroclub is also proceeding with legal action (restraining order) against Fraport.
They also were approached by the company to find a solution without going to courts.
That’s all I can post for now. They do not wish to publish anything at this stage.

Last Edited by petakas at 27 Apr 10:17
LGMG Megara, Greece

That is excellent news. €50 up to 1200kg, total cost? I wonder what they propose above that; it might be a trick to keep the aeroclub’s plane flying while excluding most other GA (since Greece is hard to reach in short range planes).

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

€50 up to 1200kg, total cost? I wonder what they propose above that; it might be a trick to keep the aeroclub’s plane flying while excluding most other GA (since Greece is hard to reach in short range planes).

That is exactly how it reads to me, aeroclub only. Thankfully the aeroclub did not fall for this and proceeded with the trial. Let’s hope that the decision will set a precedent to stop this behaviour, possibly EU wide but at least for Greece.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Whats the gross weight of a C172 or C182

KHTO, LHTL

In my club :
C172 = 1043 kg max
C182 = 1406 kg max

That’s good news about Corfu.
Fraport offers every landing and touch-and-goes for based aircraft at 50€ ?
The club is right to fight in court !

Will it change something for non based aircraft ?

LFOU, France

I guess they knew what they were doing when selecting the weight. I think the mentality is, if you can afford a 182 you can afford to pay.

KHTO, LHTL

Hello,

I’m new on this forum,
But let me show you the last invoice for me à LGPZ.
Last time, before Goldair and Fraport management it was around 60€ for same accomodations.
Mandatory, landing in first at Bari or Brindisi for refuelling, and Ioannina after, in Greece to avoid absolutely Fraport accomodations!

Fly safe.

France

Welcome to EuroGA @dentdeloup

€1008 for a PA46!

How long were you parked?

They should go into the chinese takeaway business…

That’s an outrageous invoice for a 1860kg plane – apparently the piston PA46.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Red Pill Germany just had a bit about a social club in China where people spend $10,000 on a bottle of champagne. The place was packed. So there are people to whom money is not an issue and actually go to those places of their own free will. I guess these progressive FBO organizations have taken up the same mentality. If you want it then you will pay. I for one give them the PC incorrect and from what I understand is a fineable expression, in Germany, the middle finger.

KHTO, LHTL

petakas wrote:

Below is an email that was sent to COO of Fraport Greece (with personal data removed).

I think any other communications with Fraport would benefit from being proof-read first. Any message with that amount of angry capitalised writing is likely to be dismissed. I know if I received such a letter I’d discount it out of hand. Much more effective to write in a firm, but professional manner. I’m sure there are plenty of business-savvy people here who’d be happy to help.

Last Edited by Katamarino at 17 May 10:53
Kent, UK
Sign in to add your message