Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2023 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2024?

Amazing, thanks for sharing @ErlendV. Could you tell us where this is in Norway?

BOD
LSGY, LFSP, LFHM, Switzerland

This is Storsjøen (60.4200°N/11.6086°E). We fly out of ENKJ following the river Glomma.

The runway, if longer, could probably hold a 737. The ice should be almost a meter thick by now.

When it comes to my aspirations for 2024, it would be to do more of this stuff and also to bring some students along for the experience!

Last Edited by ErlendV at 07 Jan 19:11
FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

awesome !
ErlendV, do I understand correctly that you guys will be operating this airstrip for some time? Is there any way to join you guys?

Poland

You are of course welcome! There are even more of the same kind around.

There is a Facebook group for it: “Facebook Group: Storsjøen Ice”:📸 https://m.facebook.com/groups/608370225975537/?ref=share&mibextid=K35XfP

Last Edited by ErlendV at 07 Jan 21:01
FI, ATPL TKI and aviation writer
ENKJ, ENRK, Norway

@ErlendV beautiful…

More hours (in total) again on the Beech after its SBAS upgrade and finally getting this (!@$%%) EASA IR TIP-L sorted out, last year focus was on getting the Ximango on the German Reg after having it flown over from Sweden. Although not many hours booked in 23 as I wished for, though I really enjoyed the flying on TMG and complex SEP..I feel myself very blessed and grateful to fly these wonderful machines, hope for more in 24.

EBST

Beautiful video Erlend. We watched it last night on the tv, and the children liked it too (even with their famously short attention spans )

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

After a few hours extracting, shuffling, fixing, and arranging SD logs, I was finally able to produce my 2023 map, thanks to flysto

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Finally, got around to calculate the hours.

Overall .. just 21 hours, just enough not to feel too bad or good. Most memorable was taking the family to Speyer museum. That trip would have taken same time by car if calculated door-to-door, but then it would have been only fun for the kids ;-)
And, of course, a fun day to EBNM with @vismivi.

Aspirations for 2024:
- get BIR
- visit friends around Europe

EDMB, Germany

Late to the game.
64h in 2023. Stable.
More than half flown IFR, some actual IMC but mostly avoiding TCU tops.
Broke through 500h TT.

Almost all planned long trips were flown as intended.

• Our spring club tour took us to the Normandie coast, along the Loire valley castles, and a few new place in Germany. (EDLI-EDRK-LFAT-LFRD-LFOQ-EDTD-EDFW-EDWQ).
  • Flew twice to visit the family in France. (LFQW via EDVK or EDDE depending on wind)
  • The fall club tour targeted Bonn-Hangelar (EDKB) and a stay in Köln but a stationary front in the middle of Germany sent us to Heide-Büsum (EDXB) instead, where the weather was gorgeous so not a huge disappointment in the end.
  • A trip to Stockholm (ESSB) had to be taken commercially due to forecast front and wind and generally terrible weather. Only the wind materialized and it was silky smooth, a little bummed by that one.

Then usual local flight with friends, introductory flights, and forest fire watch flights.

Aspirations for 2024:

• Get back to my favorite places in southern Sweden, as I did not visit a single one in 2023.
  • Still contemplating buying a plane, faster than the club’s Warriors. Currently looking at a PA-28R-201T or a PA-24-260C.
  • More long flights.
  • Spring club tour should take us to Prague, maybe Poland, probably Germany.
  • At least two trips to France, maybe three.
ESMK, Sweden

@Arne take the Comanche! Give it GAMIjectors and you get one of the most economical airplanes around. 90 Gallons translate to 9 hours endurance at 150 knots true, including climb! I can show you how to fly that 👌

Germany
110 Posts
Sign in to add your message