Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2021 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2022?

Another year gone, and I am sure we are all hoping for a much better 2022

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

123 hours, also got my ME IR. Aspirations for 2022 are to finally get that Baron58P when (and if) things get back to normal a little bit.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France
95 hours, trips to Croatia and Denmark. Overall a pretty good year. For 2022, a lot of small strips,sandbars and fields are waiting, as I bought a Savannah STOL . Also considering getting Seaplane rating and FI (UL).
EETU, Estonia

Not counting flying at work, only around 30 hours, but completed all projects on the Warrior (seats refurbished by All Wheel Trim, CDI resolver installed by AeroFab and catch up annual). Quality of the work was very good, so glad these worked out. Only one flight in the Pitts but hopefully can manage a few more in 2022.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Not a great year for flying, only 37 hours. Recent years have been more like 65-70, but a complicated international move didn’t help, and having my plane out of use for 8 months of the year. Though I did get in some enjoyable time with the Aeroclub de Dax.

Ambitions for 2022… fly more! Do some interesting European trips, fly the heli enough to feel comfortable, maybe find a way to get some tailwheel and aerobatic time. I’m a short drive from one of the main gliding centres in Europe (Fayence), so it would be good to take advantage of that too. But… so many aircraft, so little time.

LFMD, France

2021 was another disappointing year… most of the homebuilt fly-ins I love to attend were cancelled. The constant uncertainty re CoVid restrictions killed most of the longer trips I had planned…
Eventually most of the flying I did was local, managed to rack up about 230h.

2022 aspirations? Better and more of it (never being satisfied is a human trait)

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

5-6hrs? Sucked. 2022 is the year I get back in saddle and slay it.

A shity year when looking at the flying hours but I would say that each minute is counting, shot of 57hours… :/
-A C525 rating in a very nice ATO, that keeps calling me when they need sim partner for customers, that keeps me proficient.
-18 hours of Copilot on a private CJ1+, with some very interesting trips, this plane and the way of flying is another flying league. Departure between storm cells, the smile while looking at the thin layer of ice on the leading edge, just disappearing 5 seconds after you switch anti ice ON…
-The tailwheel endorsement with some nice crabing landing on a very nice PA18, that I could use for mountain rating as it was downed for avionics upgrade at the wring moment.
-The beginning of the mountain rating on the Rally 180T which I still discover qualities on each time I fly it. Especially high turbulences and how well it handles it.
-Some interesting IFR flights in the mistral on a PA28 160hp, with ATC complaining about my vertical speed :D.

The 55h of sim might look reluctant, but I started flying 4 years ago to start a new career, and Covid makes it a difficult time for finding a job. And these hours do count to help me keeping proficiency and network, and also keeps me close to a yoke.
My gift for this year: a nice plane and a sunrise over Corsica (while flying Alps):

Last Edited by greg_mp at 01 Jan 10:31
LFMD, France

No more than 40 hrs, while usually I fly about 60. Main reasons were no trips to central Europe due to AERO Friedrichshafen being cancelled again and general Covid issues. Also for Covid reasons the Voluntary Air Corps cancelled most of its training.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

330hrs, two thirds of that instructing. Trips to Slovenia, Austria, France, Spain. Completed my IR and used it quite a bit, so overall a pretty good year. In fact I´ve never flown more than last year.
In 2022 I want IR privileges added to my FI and do a few trips before that to complete the 200 hours IFR needed. TOTAL and BP card have recently arrived, a trip to the US is scheduled.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany
46 Posts
Sign in to add your message