Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2022 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2023?

Not a good year. Mainly because I was grounded for medical reasons in the first quarter. Also more planned flights than usual were cancelled for weather or technical reasons.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Jujupilote wrote:

Got the kid, flew 11h31m and renewed my SEP. At least I reached my goals this year

Congratulations! On both.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I did lots of PPL instruction in 2022.
Am adding the IR instruction onto my FI
Lots of flying with the Seneca

190hr total in 2022

Plans for 2023: more instruction and … dreaming of a flight to/from Oshkosh from Belgium ! Other people having this dream?

Abeam the Flying Dream
EBKT, western Belgium, Belgium

This year was terrible in regards to gliding hours flown (1,5) and quite allright regarding SEP hours flown (around 50).

For 2023 I plan to do the trip to Hammerfest which I had to divert from this year due to weather (got a wonderful trip to the UK and Ireland out of it though).
Also flying my glider more often again, especially in the spring is a big goal. Maybe take it to the southern alps for a couple of days before easter (during easter-time there is way too much traffic in the southern alps) could be great fun.

On the weekends I want to take more advantage of beeing rather close to croatia and it finally beeing part of Schengen.

Austria

Niner_Mike wrote:

dreaming of a flight to/from Oshkosh from Belgium ! Other people having this dream?

I think many of us have this dream – I lived it vicariously last year thanks to Dan’s trip, which was awesome. No idea if I will ever do it, but who knows?

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Unfortunately only 14 hours in 2022.

My objective for 2023 is to fly 25 hours and additional my night rating.

EDHN, EDDV, Germany

I didn’t fly as much as a few years ago, but I still managed to do a little under 30 hrs, visited my father-in-law in France with my daughter for a few days, I flew to Speyer with both girls and had a great time, I got my nightrating last March. Made a few new flying friends in the proces and went to Duxford too. All the flying was done with a destination, a mission so to speak. It was a good year. I’d like to go camping with my girls and the plane and see a few new spots I’ve never been. Aeroe, St. Mary’s and/or a nice Alpine destination.

EHTE, Netherlands

Just 15 hours total in 2022. Some highlights:

• flew with my first passenger
  • trained on a new type with constant speed prop

For 2023 I have a list of wishes

• fly abroad, to Germany or France
  • more flights with passengers
  • begin tailwheel training, to be able to fly Jodels, Cubs and such
  • longer term: find my flying “home” with a small club or partial ownership. I’m still looking for that ideal 2-seater which is economical, fun and that I can take on trips without caring about minimum hours or having to be back by a certain time.
LSZF,LSZK, Switzerland

200 hrs, quite happy. Vast majority was local slow bimbling. Some trips into Spain and Europe.

Plan for 2023 is to do another 200 hrs, doing more trips into Europe and maybe even Morocco.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

62:25 block time, 36 flights and as many landings.
A bunch of discovery flights and fire watch flights for my club.
A club trip to Portoroz in the spring, and another one across northern germany in the late summer.
A private trip to Wangerooge and a business trip to Prague.
A bunch of flying around southern Sweden (Varberg, Stegeborg, Visby, Borgholm) and around the patch in Skåne/Blekinge in general.

It is both more than I thought and less than I had hoped for. Trip to Northern Sweden had to be cancelled (I had to work the planned week which was flyable, and the following 2 weeks where I could get the plane the weather was terrible).

For 2023, I hope to do more long trips. I need to do more IFR flights in less than SKC conditions too.
Still considering getting a more capable ride, but having a hard time balancing the requirements.

ESMK, Sweden
Sign in to add your message