Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Your 2022 flying year, how many hours, and aspirations for 2023?

Always liked this thread as a source of inspiration :-).

Got the PPL end of May, since then 31 hours. Have been slowly moving the edges of my personal comfort zone, and started flying to some fields in FR and NL, all day trips so far (I had an optimistic overnight stay in EHGG planned for mid December but weather took care of that …). I mostly flew PA28s (Archer II and III and Warrior III) and since about a month also some hours on DA40NG. All rentals.

The one that stressed me most upfront was certainly to EHAM but in retrospect it was a lot less scary than I imagined. The one that was most laid back and easy was to Epernay LFSW. Thanks to all of you that gave useful advice.

Plans for 2023: night VFR. Hopefully BIR. Flying to DE, perhaps UK? Italy who knows. Channel Islands for sure (that was also a Wx victim in 2022). A multi-day trip. An FAA FR if the opportunity presents itself. Flying to a fly-in or meetup if all the holes line up in a good way. Oh and a share in a plane. One can dream

Last Edited by Tango at 03 Jan 13:56
EBGB EBKT, Belgium
2022 aspirations:
finish ATPL exams
get the CPL
transition to more capable tourer
lots of nice trips

2022 reality:
ATPL exams completed
no CPL, recovering from knee injury
whopping 15 hours total time due to belly landing of our club´s C172RG in April
one trip only – Corsica – including my longest leg so far of 5.5 hours
transitioned to M20J

2023 aspirations:
get US 61.75 pilot certificate with IR included to be able to fly the M20J internationally
lots of nice trips
get back in shape and get the CPL done

Prague
Czech Republic

In 2022 I want IR privileges added to my FI and do a few trips before that to complete the 200 hours IFR needed. TOTAL and BP card have recently arrived, a trip to the US is scheduled.

Converted my IR to an FAA IR in spring and finally got my FI-IR in summer, even became a TCI. I instructed quite a bit but also got to fly a couple of nice trips to France, Italy and England, a little less than 400hrs. For 2023 I would like to log some glider time again and do some longer trips in Europe and the US.

EDFE, EDFZ, KMYF, Germany

45 flights, 118 landings, 55 hours. Was busy building a new sauna during my vacation and didn’t have time for a longer trip ..
For 2023 – try to get at least one longer trip, Nordkapp and Norway or down to Croatia. Lots and lots of smaller places to visit with Savannah.

EETU, Estonia

Around 45 hours, a lot less than the previous years. Mostly due to buying and refurbishing a new house, which took a lot of time (and money…..). Got bitten by the twin bug and on a positive note doing more twin flying (BE55). No really big(ish) trip last year, but have already a few planned for this year.

Jujupilote wrote:

For 2022, aspirations are very reasonable with a first kid on the way. Renewing my SEP with 6h solo before September would feel really nice. A seaplane discovery flight would be cool, especially for my wife who dreams of it. Making a travel abroad, even alone, seems unreal to me now.

Got the kid, flew 11h31m and renewed my SEP. At least I reached my goals this year

Plans for 2023 are to move to another part of France so flying won’t be a priority.

LFOU, France

On top of that wish list for 2023: obtaining my IR license. Passed my theory last year and have about 7 hours so far. Made some hefty experiences yesterday in a (rather small) cold front challenging 60 to 68 knots of wind and up to 2000 ft/min updrafts in IMC. 15 minutes only, but totally exhaustive The flight path line looks like a drunken idiot on hard alcohol I cannot say loud enough how much I appreciate the experience of my instructor and the way he’s able to teach me. It really is a lot of fun.

Germany

It has been a busy year with 996 hours and a 60/40 mix between airline and GA.

I finally regained the EASA licence which was rudely removed by Brexit and added some types to that.

Low point was the sale of my Twin Comanche but I’m on the lookout for a replacement in 2023.

Last Edited by Shanwick at 03 Jan 20:11
LFMD - Cannes Mandelieu, EGLL - London Heathrow, France

Tango wrote:

Always liked this thread as a source of inspiration :-).

Ditto :)

I had 22 hours in 2022, which I would consider quite low for an owner. However, I am still glad I could that much, considering the change of steed and another member in the family.
It would be really nice if I could make some real progress towards the IR ticket in 2023, maybe finish the theory exams and get a few hours of practical training.

EDMB, Germany

Got about 90h in 2022 year, and made some very nice trips. I hope to fly about the same in 2023!

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland
Sign in to add your message