Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CPL/IR ("frozen ATPL") and Integrated versus Modular (DIY)

@Peter that may be a specific shortage linked to the Swiss market?

FWIW, and it would appear very much a symptom of pilot shortage, a major recruiting effort by a well known airline is looking for 250 integrated fATPL and will finance the type rating with an employment bond.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

BA is now offering to pay the full cost of the CPL/IR (“frozen ATPL”) and they planted a ton of press coverage like this but reports suggest that they are being highly selective, which is to be expected. Probably only 5% of the queue get in.

However, this is set to change, with many vacancies coming on stream:

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

A bit more than 5 months since I applied at ATO for ATPL theory, as of today I passed all 12 exams (Communications was recognized from previous IR training). I did it in two blocks – 6 exams beginning of July and 6 this week.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Congratulations!

The best thing is: you do this stuff only once per life

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

This is why there are very few Buddhist airline pilots

Well done Emir

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Thanks

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

Especially at my age

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Congrats @Emir !!!

Peter wrote:

The European CPL is just some easy boring dual VFR flying.

Don’t I wish… You forgot the bunch of exams one has to pass. And X hours of instruction at an ATO. If they gave CPLs for flying… :)

Having said that, what is the most painless (and convenient) way to pass the 13 ATPL exams in the EU (including the required ATO part)?

I seem to recall Loco did his in Sweden, how did you go about yours, Emir? Anyone else care to share?

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

Congrats Emir. It took me much longer—a year for the course and six months for the exams.

What do you need it for?

LPFR, Poland
Sign in to add your message