Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CPL/IR ("frozen ATPL") and Integrated versus Modular (DIY)

I have an update: finished MCC course – 20+ hours in KingAir B200 simulator (plus 30 hours of lectures, briefings and debriefings), countless approaches and go-arounds with zillion failures. I didn’t expect this to be so demanding, at least that’s what friends, who did it elsewhere, told me. However, this instructor decided to deliver the class to the last bit and to correct all flaws in our previous training. Fun and eye opening in some segments of IFR flying.

Last Edited by Emir at 27 Nov 18:06
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Best wishes for your “new job” @Emir

always learning
LO__, Austria

It’s relatively small number of operations company with usually daytime flights, so I don’t expect too much stress. There are also younger guys who’ll be ready for more intense schedule

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

they don’t treat you like a night-flight freight dog

or worse, like You’ll Be Flying A Cargo Plane Full of Rubber Dog Shit

My first company as a pilot, year 1990, still had a few of them 340s left… man, I took a couple of positioning flights, and never ever flew in an airplane that LOUD! (Say what…?). The assigned pilots also reported the OEI OPS as being almost as interesting as on the Metroliner they flew before…
At which point I was perfectly happy to start on, ride thru, and finish my career, on… jets

PS
Yep, looking forward to see that DA62 too

Last Edited by Dan at 14 Oct 20:20
Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Wonderful Emir, hope you have many nice flights and that they don’t treat you like a night-flight freight dog

So, with all this extra income you’ll prob40 show up in a DA62 on the next fly-in..

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Can we introduce me to your friends?

Sure

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

For a crazy challenge I accepted a friend of mine called me to join him as an FO at SAAB 340.

Can we introduce me to your friends? 😜

ESME, ESMS

Didn’t realise the Virus is aerobatic?

It’s spin approved.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Pipistrel Virus – 300 feet AGL.

Didn’t realise the Virus is aerobatic? Not for the impossible turns, but for the other stuff.

LFMD, France

Curious to know what altitude you did the “impossible turns” from? And in what aircraft?

Pipistrel Virus – 300 feet AGL.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
63 Posts
Sign in to add your message